Phase I, reopening ?

Louise

It seems her husband leaves quite a bit to go run in races...

To let you know I go and watch his races, and take my not cute labradoodle too. And, for now, all his races have been cancelled because of the ridiculous lockdown. But he still runs at least 50 miles a week on his own without a mask.

Last edited:

Louise

Wondering if he's picking up a "little" on the side? He is a pretty handsome looking man!

Why would you say something so vile? But, thank you for saying my husband is handsome. He is in more ways than one. I am laying next to him right now. I regret ever buying products from you. Nite nite.

Last edited:
from facebook about doodles:

Edit: I'm a girl ya'll. I know my name is confusing and there's a handsome guy in my picture( ❤️ ) but I'm a WOMAN. Stop calling me a he. 🙄

I'm gonna get a ton of hate for this post, but it needs to be addressed. Doodles and Designer bred dogs are DESTROYING the grooming industry, not because of the dogs themselves, but the owners and their lack of education.

I don't know why I should explain myself for this, but I love my job and I love every dog, the reason why I am being brutally honest in this post is simple: I am sick of seeing these dogs in pain. Brush your dog, groom your dog, stop yelling at us because we can't demat six months of neglect.

Please get in the shoes of the groomers you are taking your dogs too and understand where us, as professionals, are coming from. You spend thousands on these mixed breed dogs and no, they will never be purebred or recognized as such in our eyes, but you can't take ten minutes out of your day to research them beforehand.

If you did, you would know two things.

One, they are not worth thousands of dollars. Research each breed that is mixed together, think about each individual quality and look what those breeds have separately. For example, poodles and Golden Retrievers. They are both uniquely exceptional dogs ON THEIR OWN. Poodles, by the way, can look exactly like your doodle, all you have to do, is maintain their coat and don't shave them in a "froo froo" poodle cut. Golden Retrievers are fantastic family dogs, but they DO shed and guess what? So does your Goldendoodle. Because genetics don't work the way you seem to think they do. You can't mix a single coated, 'hypoallergenic' dog with a double coated, shedding dog and expect to only get one coat or the other. You don't. You get a mess of thick, hard to manage fur that grows fast, mats quickly and SHEDS.

The second thing you would know, is that your breeder is lying to you. Doodles and designer breeds are one of the most genius marketing schemes in the dog world. You mix two cute dogs and you slap a cute name on it and voila, $2000 mutts for unsuspecting American families to spend their money on for a cute face. Only to be told bogus things like 'They're hypoallergenic', 'easy-maintenance', 'they don't shed', 'don't groom them for six months so their coats don't get ruined'. None of these are true, not a single one.

Your dog sheds, he's not hypoallergenic, he is NOT easy maintenance and if you wait six months to bring him to me, I guarantee you will be disappointed when I send you back a naked dog and also charge you a higher fee for having to handle and train your older puppy who should have been accumulated to grooming long before six months old.

It isn't your breed of dog we are against and we do not hate doodles or designer breeds, what we dislike, is uneducated owners yelling at us for shaving their dog, for charging more or for refusing to demat when you should have brushed them to begin with.

At this point, I can tell you from experience that most salons I have spoken to or worked at, automatically charge an extra $20 at the very least for anything with the word 'Doodle' in it's name and when I open my own salon, I'd most likely follow suit or not take Doodles at all, because I am so utterly sick of being cursed at and yelled at and told 'he looks like a poodle' or given a bad review because YOU did not properly care for YOUR dog.

It is not my job to brush out six months of neglect.

It's not my job to train your unsocialized puppy to be groomed safely.

It is not my job to educate you to know the breed in which you have chosen to buy.

You could afford a $2000 dog, you can afford grooming every four weeks and a brush and comb to maintain that family member.

We are not the problem, you being uneducated to the breed you have chosen is.

frequentflier

happy to be living
from facebook about doodles:

Edit: I'm a girl ya'll. I know my name is confusing and there's a handsome guy in my picture( ❤ ) but I'm a WOMAN. Stop calling me a he. 🙄

I'm gonna get a ton of hate for this post, but it needs to be addressed. Doodles and Designer bred dogs are DESTROYING the grooming industry, not because of the dogs themselves, but the owners and their lack of education.

I don't know why I should explain myself for this, but I love my job and I love every dog, the reason why I am being brutally honest in this post is simple: I am sick of seeing these dogs in pain. Brush your dog, groom your dog, stop yelling at us because we can't demat six months of neglect.

Please get in the shoes of the groomers you are taking your dogs too and understand where us, as professionals, are coming from. You spend thousands on these mixed breed dogs and no, they will never be purebred or recognized as such in our eyes, but you can't take ten minutes out of your day to research them beforehand.

If you did, you would know two things.

One, they are not worth thousands of dollars. Research each breed that is mixed together, think about each individual quality and look what those breeds have separately. For example, poodles and Golden Retrievers. They are both uniquely exceptional dogs ON THEIR OWN. Poodles, by the way, can look exactly like your doodle, all you have to do, is maintain their coat and don't shave them in a "froo froo" poodle cut. Golden Retrievers are fantastic family dogs, but they DO shed and guess what? So does your Goldendoodle. Because genetics don't work the way you seem to think they do. You can't mix a single coated, 'hypoallergenic' dog with a double coated, shedding dog and expect to only get one coat or the other. You don't. You get a mess of thick, hard to manage fur that grows fast, mats quickly and SHEDS.

The second thing you would know, is that your breeder is lying to you. Doodles and designer breeds are one of the most genius marketing schemes in the dog world. You mix two cute dogs and you slap a cute name on it and voila, $2000 mutts for unsuspecting American families to spend their money on for a cute face. Only to be told bogus things like 'They're hypoallergenic', 'easy-maintenance', 'they don't shed', 'don't groom them for six months so their coats don't get ruined'. None of these are true, not a single one.

Your dog sheds, he's not hypoallergenic, he is NOT easy maintenance and if you wait six months to bring him to me, I guarantee you will be disappointed when I send you back a naked dog and also charge you a higher fee for having to handle and train your older puppy who should have been accumulated to grooming long before six months old.

It isn't your breed of dog we are against and we do not hate doodles or designer breeds, what we dislike, is uneducated owners yelling at us for shaving their dog, for charging more or for refusing to demat when you should have brushed them to begin with.

At this point, I can tell you from experience that most salons I have spoken to or worked at, automatically charge an extra $20 at the very least for anything with the word 'Doodle' in it's name and when I open my own salon, I'd most likely follow suit or not take Doodles at all, because I am so utterly sick of being cursed at and yelled at and told 'he looks like a poodle' or given a bad review because YOU did not properly care for YOUR dog.

It is not my job to brush out six months of neglect.

It's not my job to train your unsocialized puppy to be groomed safely.

It is not my job to educate you to know the breed in which you have chosen to buy.

You could afford a $2000 dog, you can afford grooming every four weeks and a brush and comb to maintain that family member.

We are not the problem, you being uneducated to the breed you have chosen is.
I have never understood "breeders" telling people to not comb or brush the dog for six months or to not have them groomed. (and YES, this is common) Just like poking around in a puppy's mouth so you can later brush his teeth and handling the paws and nails to be able to trim them easily; combing, brushing and grooming are essential when they are young just to get them used to it. Wait six months or a year and most dogs will become alligators on the table; rolling around like you are killing them! I do not envy groomers at all especially with some of the dogs I have seen come through my store and dog wash.

mitzi

I have never understood "breeders" telling people to not comb or brush the dog for six months or to not have them groomed. (and YES, this is common) Just like poking around in a puppy's mouth so you can later brush his teeth and handling the paws and nails to be able to trim them easily; combing, brushing and grooming are essential when they are young just to get them used to it. Wait six months or a year and most dogs will become alligators on the table; rolling around like you are killing them! I do not envy groomers at all especially with some of the dogs I have seen come through my store and dog wash.

OMG, I can't imagine not brushing your puppy for 6 months.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
How did this thread turn into a Doodle hatefest?

Apollo is great with the groomer and gets groomed regularly, he isn't matted and nasty. Whoever that FB bitch is needs to STFU. Or name her so I don't ever take my dog to her hateful ass. She's probably the "groomer" who cut that dog's ear off and tried to superglue it back on.

CRHS89

How did this thread turn into a Doodle hatefest?
I read it more as a Doodle-Owner hate fest. Of course not all owners fall into the category she describes. As a groomer dealing with the general public, I'm sure she deals with some gems. And I'm talking about the people, not the dogs.

Louise

Why so much hate for this dog?

Who knows. Many breeds are bred with poodles, thus the ”oodle” part. They are more hypoallergenic. The man in Australia that originally bred them did it because he had a friend with severe allergies. They do not shed except after the day they are groomed. I call them Daisy puffs. After that nothing until the next groom. Yes, they can bring in outside allergens, but they do not shed their hair. That is the difference. My daughter grew up with severe allergies to dogs and cats. She would cry when we said we would give our rescues away. So we didn’t. After they all passed we and she bought two labradoodles. They are siblings. Her allergies rarely flair up anymore. We groom them ourselves.

https://www.dreamydoodles.com/the-history-of-the-australian-labradoodle/
This is when they were 3 years old. They were prepared for Covid before it happened. Go Daisy and Toby!

luvmygdaughters

Who knows. Many breeds are bred with poodles, thus the ”oodle” part. They are more hypoallergenic. The man in Australia that originally bred them did it because he had a friend with severe allergies. They do not shed except after the day they are groomed. I call them Daisy puffs. After that nothing until the next groom. Yes, they can bring in outside allergens, but they do not shed their hair. That is the difference. My daughter grew up with severe allergies to dogs and cats. She would cry when we said we would give our rescues away. So we didn’t. After they all passed we and she bought two labradoodles. They are siblings. Her allergies rarely flair up anymore. We groom them ourselves.

https://www.dreamydoodles.com/the-history-of-the-australian-labradoodle/
This is when they were 3 years old. They were prepared for Covid before it happened. Go Daisy and Toby!

View attachment 148456
Double Cuteness!!

luvmygdaughters

I don't like designer dogs - give me a mutt, a lab, a Shepard, pittie
I've always had mutts, since I was a kid. Never had a problem with a mutt and they seem to live longer. My shepherd mix, Nikki, lived to be 18 years old. I now have a shepherd boxer mix, Captn. Morgan, she is almost 13 years old. Not saying anything against purebreds, just my observation.

mitzi

I've always had mutts, since I was a kid. Never had a problem with a mutt and they seem to live longer. My shepherd mix, Nikki, lived to be 18 years old. I now have a shepherd boxer mix, Captn. Morgan, she is almost 13 years old. Not saying anything against purebreds, just my observation.

I've had both, mixed and pure bred. They were all good dogs. I wasn't actively searching for the pure breds, they were being rehomed and I love the breed that I got. My daughter recently got a designer puppy. It is the cutest thing and very pretty. I can't believe what she paid for it though, I think she lost her mind.

Last edited: