Philisophical Question

Amused_despair

God is All-Powerful and All-Knowing. Why did He have to send His only son, Jesus, to die so that our sins could be forgiven? Why couldn't He forgive them Himself?

Zguy28

God is All-Powerful and All-Knowing. Why did He have to send His only son, Jesus, to die so that our sins could be forgiven? Why couldn't He forgive them Himself?

Because He is all-knowing, that includes knowing what is best for His creation. Now, do you ask to seek understanding or do you ask because you think He could have chosen a better way? If the latter, then you deny your initial premise.

Amused_despair

The purpose of the question is to obtain the opinions of others. I do not say knowledge because if someone claims to know for a fact what God is thinking then either they are lying, delusional, or have insight not granted to many on this planet.

Radiant1

Soul Probe
It's kind of long and complicated (history of seven covenants with God, which re-creates the previously fallen creation [7 "days" of creation and all that jazz]), but to put it as simply as possible: The fall came through a man, so redemption came through a man. Jesus is often described as the New Adam. Did it HAVE to be this way? I don't know, but apparently God willed it to be so.

hotcoffee

God didn't "have" to send His Son.... He chose to send Him....

Jesus , God's only Son.... Chose to come to earth....

We can choose to accept Him....

Gee... I guess God understand Pro Choice and Pro Life!!!

:coffee:

baydoll

Philosophical answer; if you believe...it doesn't matter. If you don't...it doesn't matter.

:buddies:

But that's intellectual suicide, Larry.

What if what the Bible says about Jesus and sins and death and heaven and hell is all true ... then what?

FireBrand

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So why should I believe in God if

he has never suffered the things that I have and all other imperfections of being human ?
Jesus = God incarnate.
the term 'son' is how the ancients could grasp onto what was happening before them.
God placed himself in the turmoil of the flesh and even encounterd being tempted by evil while in that flesh.
Suffered to let us know that we were not down here suffering while he was up there being perfect and all.
To me that is perfect and worthy of being God for me, thank you.
The ONLY way that God could be perfect.
Merry Christmas.