Photo editing?

Sparks

Anybody really good at photo editing? Basically, I want to make a christmas card. I'd like to cut out my horse's head/neck only from a pic and put it into another pic with a wreath or something wintery. The head shot is from summer so I only want to get the head/neck and no background. Make sense?

Anyone know how I can do this?

W

WhoCares

Anybody really good at photo editing? Basically, I want to make a christmas card. I'd like to cut out my horse's head/neck only from a pic and put it into another pic with a wreath or something wintery. The head shot is from summer so I only want to get the head/neck and no background. Make sense?

GIMP is a photo editing software that is free.

I use it quite a bit for work related stuff.

W

WhoCares

Will it work for what I'm trying to do?

I am trying to make a photo small enough to post for an example.

The photo I had was very big, and just cropped everything out but his head.

Photo shop will also do it. Maybe one of the photoshop people could do it for you. I do not have photoshop at work or at home.

Attachments

• headshot.jpg
    headshot.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 117
Last edited by a moderator:

Sparks

I am trying to make a photo small enough to post for an example.

The photo I had was very big, and just cropped everything out but his head.

Photo shop will also do it. Maybe one of the photoshop people could do it for you. I do not have photoshop at work or at home.

I know how to crop a square out of the picture. I'd really like to take just the head and neck. Know what I mean?

W

WhoCares

I know how to crop a square out of the picture. I'd really like to take just the head and neck. Know what I mean?

I do.

Let me PM you my email.

Send me the picture, and let me try something.

E

(((echo)))

check your pm'r......
here are some examples of my "fooling around"

before and after

Attachments

• PICT4800.jpg
    PICT4800.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 101
  • PICT48001.jpg
    PICT48001.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 108
Last edited by a moderator:
E

(((echo)))

check your pm'r......
here are some examples of my "fooling around"

before and after

the moon was full and an actual photograph i took.
alteration of the moon along with the rings were photoshopped

Attachments

• night-sky_copy1.jpg
    night-sky_copy1.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 97

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
Here's one

with a Christmas tree.....

Attachments

• christmas-tree.jpg
    christmas-tree.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 90
  • Snow.jpg
    Snow.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:

Nicole_in_somd

How you like me now?

if you send them to me with a idea of what you want I can work on it this weekend.

mainman

Set Trippin
I'd like to cut out my horse's head

"Now you listen to me, you smooth-talking son-of-a-#####. Let me lay it on the line for you and your boss, whoever he is: Johnny Fontane will never get that movie. I don't care how many dago guinea wop greaseball goombahs come out of the woodwork!", -Jack Woltz