Governor PHOTO RELEASE: First Lady Yumi Hogan Delivers Special Lecture at Sookmyung Women’s University, Tours CHA Gangnam Women’s Hospital

newsBot

Automated News Bot
Staff member
Maryland Governor

ANNAPOLIS, MD—As part of Governor Larry Hogan’s economic development mission to Asia, First Lady Yumi Hogan participated in the Sookmyung Global Leader Lecture Series at Sookmyung Women’s University in Seoul, South Korea, where she delivered a special lecture to students on hope and overcoming challenges.

asf

“Today, I share my life story with the hope that it can be a gift to you and give you hope and courage,” said First Lady Yumi Hogan. “The lesson I have learned is: No matter how difficult your life is, if you do not give up, you can definitely achieve your dreams. Don’t give up and keep challenging yourself. Hope is always on your side.”

fr

Founded in 1906, Sookmyung Women’s University is Korea’s first royal private educational institution for women. The university’s name is derived from Hanja characters of sook and myung, which mean “elegant” and “bright.”

Sookmyung’s Global Leader Lecture Series, the most popular on-campus lecture series, includes leaders from a wide range of fields. The first lady was invited to speak at Sookmyung Women’s University by its president, Yunkeum Chang, who visited the U.S. last month.

sfa

CHA Gangnam Women’s Hospital. The first lady also toured CHA Gangnam Women’s Hospital, which is renowned for its OB/GYN and Fertility Center. The hospital also provides a full range of health care services, including internal medicine, general surgery, and pediatrics, as well as highly specialized diagnostic and treatment procedures.

-###-​