Governor PHOTO RELEASE: Governor Hogan Visits Baltimore Area to Highlight Maryland’s Health and Economic Recovery

newsBot

Automated News Bot
Staff member
Honors Frontline Workers, Greets Essential Construction Workers
Tours Aircraft and Plastic Manufacturing Plants With Apprenticeship Programs

ANNAPOLIS, MD—Governor Larry Hogan today visited the Baltimore area to highlight Maryland’s ongoing health and economic recovery, thanking frontline healthcare workers, and underscoring the importance of infrastructure, manufacturing, and apprenticeship programs.

View photos from today’s visits below and on the governor’s Facebook page.

Governor Hogan thanks frontline healthcare workers at Mercy Medical Center in Baltimore City.

Frontline Healthcare Workers. The governor’s first stop today was to Baltimore’s Mercy Medical Center, where he thanked frontline healthcare workers and presented a proclamation in recognition of National Respiratory Care Week.

Governor Hogan tours Berry Global’s plastic manufacturing facility in Baltimore City.

Manufacturing and Apprenticeships. After attending the grand opening ceremony for ABC Greater Baltimore’s new Construction Education Academy, the governor toured Berry Global, a longtime registered apprenticeship sponsor that manufactures plastic packaging products, including engineered materials, nonwoven specialty materials, and consumer packaging. The company operates three manufacturing facilities in Maryland with plants in Baltimore, Hanover, and Cumberland.

Governor Hogan greets construction workers at the I-895 bridges north of the Baltimore Harbor Tunnel.

Infrastructure. Governor Hogan greeted construction workers at the site of the new I-895 bridges north of the Baltimore Harbor Tunnel. The I-895 Bridge Project is the Maryland Transportation Authority’s $189 million initiative to replace the 60-year-old I-895 bridge and the Holabird Avenue exit ramp (Exit 10) north of the Harbor Tunnel.

Governor Hogan tours Textron Systems’ production facility in Hunt Valley.

Manufacturing and Apprenticeships. The governor also stopped in Hunt Valley to tour Textron Systems, a global manufacturing company that specializes in unmanned air, surface, and land products, as well as services and support for aerospace and defense customers. During the visit, Governor Hogan recognized Charles Bell, Sr., for his work developing a new apprenticeship program for Textron Systems that just enrolled its first two apprentices.

-###-