Photography Class

mommaof2

I have a really nice camera (Canon 40D) and I would really love to learn to use all the features on it. I have been using it for quite some time now, and I have learned a lot but I am sure the camera can do a lot more than what I have done on it. Does anyone know of any good photography classes that I could take in the Southern Maryland area or of a photographer in the area that might be willing to help me out?

tes218

I have a really nice camera (Canon 40D) and I would really love to learn to use all the features on it. I have been using it for quite some time now, and I have learned a lot but I am sure the camera can do a lot more than what I have done on it. Does anyone know of any good photography classes that I could take in the Southern Maryland area or of a photographer in the area that might be willing to help me out?

Robert Tinari is very nice and offers group classes or individual classes. I wasn't able to attend a class because it was full so I met with him for a one-on-one session. I brought my camera and he went over all of the features and showed me the differences in using the options for each picture. I'm sure I could have learned most of them by reading the manual but he showed me what made one picture better than the other. He was pleasant and professional. I'm in the process of trying to schedule another session with him so he can review some of my pictures.

Robert Tinari Photography - Prorams and Classes

From what I've seen in the photo section of this forum there are several very good photographers that are willing to offer hints and tips also.

mommaof2

Robert Tinari is very nice and offers group classes or individual classes. I wasn't able to attend a class because it was full so I met with him for a one-on-one session. I brought my camera and he went over all of the features and showed me the differences in using the options for each picture. I'm sure I could have learned most of them by reading the manual but he showed me what made one picture better than the other. He was pleasant and professional. I'm in the process of trying to schedule another session with him so he can review some of my pictures.

From what I've seen in the photo section of this forum there are several very good photographers that are willing to offer hints and tips also.

Thank you very much! I will try to contact him and schedule something! I am sure I could learn most of it if I read through the whole book but I would love to have someone sit with me and not only show me what the camera can do, but what I can do to improve my photography skills.

C

CalvertNewbie

His studio is close to me, hmmmm. I may try to schedule a one-on-one session with him. Was it a lot more expensive than the group sessions? Saturdays never work for me (childcare issue), which is when his classes seem to be offered.

I still haven't figured out all the options on my camera, yet I never make the time to read the manual. I have so many pics of my little boy and outdoor pics that I know could look even better.

bcp

In My Opinion
I wish a few would share the settings they used when the posted their pictures.

C

CalvertNewbie

I wish a few would share the settings they used when the posted their pictures.

Yes, maybe that would help me. Or I guess we could put our pics up to be ripped to sheds by the pros. :killingme Just kidding, they actually all give great pointers/positive feedback in the photography threads.

tes218

Thank you very much! I will try to contact him and schedule something! I am sure I could learn most of it if I read through the whole book but I would love to have someone sit with me and not only show me what the camera can do, but what I can do to improve my photography skills.

Hi :howdy:

Was wondering if you were able to meet with him or schedule something and if you found it helpful. I met with him last week and went over some of my shots. Some he liked :yahoo:...some not so much. It's funny that after he pointed out why some were not as good as could be it was easy to see the flaws in other shots. Also, we talked about another camera and accessories so I can have a better zoom. I signed up for the class at Sotterley in October. Maybe I'll meet you in a class one day. He has a new schedule of classes and pictures on his website now: Robert Tinari Photography - Home

mommaof2

Hi :howdy:

Was wondering if you were able to meet with him or schedule something and if you found it helpful. I met with him last week and went over some of my shots. Some he liked :yahoo:...some not so much. It's funny that after he pointed out why some were not as good as could be it was easy to see the flaws in other shots. Also, we talked about another camera and accessories so I can have a better zoom. I signed up for the class at Sotterley in October. Maybe I'll meet you in a class one day. He has a new schedule of classes and pictures on his website now: Robert Tinari Photography - Home

Thank you for the info for October. Unfortunately things have been so hectic, that I haven't had a chance to take any of his classes. I was hoping for things to slow down a bit so I can sign up. I will definitely look to see what he is offering in the fall. I would love for him to go over some of my pictures and help me understand what I am doing wrong and what can I do to improve my skills. Thanks again.