Photography Classes

Joe'smom

Many have expressed the need---I recieved this yesterday...passing it along to anyone who may be interested(with Mr. Tinari's permission of course!)

Hi.
I am pleased to inform you that I am about to start teaching photography classes at the ArtWorks@7th Gallery, located in North Beach, Maryland. Over the next 6 months, I'll be teaching digital photography classes for beginners and intermediate/advanced photographers. For those of you who have taken classes with me for beginner or intermediate/advanced photography, please note that I am also offering specialized classes on macro/close-up photography techniques and will conduct an outdoor photography workshop on flower/garden/architectural photography.
The schedule for the 2009 classes is as follows (more classes will follow for the balance of the year as they are developed):

Introduction to Macro (Close-up) Photography
Saturday, March 14 from 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm or
Saturday, April 11 from 11:00 am to 4:00 pm (includes 1 hour break for lunch)
Cost: $60

Learn all about the world of "macro" or extreme close-up photography. In this class you will learn how to use your digital camera to capture close-up photographs of just about any subject. The class will cover such things as what techniques to use when, and how to achieve and maintain critical focus, control depth of field, control light, and reduce camera shake. During the class, you will have an opportunity to apply the techniques you have learned and receive feedback on your close-up photographs. Bring you tripod and close up lenses. If you don't have this equipment, the instructor will make his gear available to you.

Introduction to Digital Photography

Saturday, March 28 from 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm or
Saturday, June 13 from 11:00 am to 4:00 pm (includes 1 hour break for lunch)

Learn the “ins and outs” of digital cameras and how to use them to take artful photographs. This class will cover camera operation, lighting techniques, proper exposure, and the elements of composition. Bring your digital camera, fully-charged batteries, user’s manual, and a memory card, and get ready to become a better photographer!

Intermediate/Advanced Digital Photography

Saturday, May 16 from 11:00 am to 4:00 pm (includes 1 hour break for lunch) or
Saturday, June 27 from 11:00 am to 4:00 pm (includes 1 hour break for lunch)
In this advanced class, learn to take your photos to the next level as you learn about elements of exposure, lighting, depth of field, critical focus, as well as, macro photography, creative flash techniques, and printing options. Learn how to critically evaluate your digital photos using histograms and other feedback features unique to digital photography. Bring 3-5 examples of your photographic work on disk or print to receive a constructive critique on your photos and suggestions on how to improve your photographic technique.
Flower/Garden/Architectural Photography Outdoor Workshop
Saturday, May 30 from 11:00 am to 4:00 pm (includes 1 hour break for lunch)
In this class you will learn techniques to improve the quality of your flower, garden and architectural photographs. Some time will be spent in class discussing how best to photograph these subjects. Most of the class time will be spent outdoors (depending, of course, on the weather) directly applying what you have learned and receiving guidance and feedback from the instructor .
How To Enroll:
· Send an email to me at roberttinari@comcast.net or call at 410-286-5445 to let me know which class or classes you want to take and when. This must be done at least 1 week before the class is scheduled to be held.
· Include contact information (email/home telephone/work telephone/cell phone) so I can contact you about the status of your registration and arrange for payment for the class.
· Maximum enrollment for each class is 8 students and enrollment will be on a first-come/first-served basis.
· Each class must have a minimum enrollment of 4 students. In the event there are fewer than 4 students signed up, the class will be cancelled. I will notify you of the cancellation at least 2-days in advance and will refund your money.
· Go to www.ArtWorks@7th.com for directions to the gallery.
I will be offering classes like these for the summer and fall, as well. Please check back often to my website at www.TinariPhoto.com to see the latest class offerings and samples of my work.

Also, feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns.

I am excited to be teaching from the ArtWorks@7th Gallery in North Beach. I think the location is wonderful and the little bayside town holds a lot of interest for photographers. I do hope you are able to attend one of the classes and that you will help spread the word to your friends about the classes, as well.

Regards,

Bob