PHOTOS: Cow Striper Fishing Report

fish67

You ain't kidding - fishing right now is HOT! I hope Ida doesn't cool things off, but once she passes things should settle right back to normal.

fish67

Channel edges, over 75ft of water, get your baits down below 30ft or so...white and/or chartreuse umbrellas, tandem rigs, bucktails - bigger baits. Look for the gannetts - fish will be under them. Water will still be "off" due to the storem even though Ida will have hopefully passed by Saturday - so you may have to mix it up some. That's the place to start. Catch'em Good!

Check out our fishing forecast podcast for this week: PODCAST: Rockfish ONLY Fishing Forecast - Nov. 13, 2009 - Southern Maryland Fishing

Twitter: So MD Fishing (somdfishing) on Twitter
Facebook: SouthernMarylandFishing.com | Facebook

JoeMac

I wonder if taking all those large breeding fish out of the stock will have negative consequences on the fishery. I guess DNR knows what they are doing.

shilo

I just checked out your website. It looks like it will be pretty good once you get it all up and running. We have a marina in Ridge. I can't wait until you get the St. Mary's side of the site up and running. We too saw loads of big fish come in last week. We had two that were 49 inches come in. We have a tournament out of here today so we'll see how fishable it is after the storm. It is a two day event so even if they can't fish today they still have tomorrow. Thanks for the report!