PHOTOS: Pond Report - Snakehead and Largemouth

fish67

Air Temperature: 65 warming up to 80 by noon
Water Temperature: high 70's
Clarity: Clear
Water: Small rock quarry fish pond, lots of grass
Quality fish of the day: 20" Snakehead, 3.5lb Largemouth
(well, I guess based on the size and fight the Snakehead was a "quality" fish)

Largemouth: Released
Snakehead: Dispatched

Full report and photos: PHOTOS: Pond Fishing Report - Snakehead and Largemouth

wch

Glad to see the snakehead coming out of that pond, family member told me that they had caught a few at that particular pond but I had yet to catch one or see one caught. by the way I recognized the boat

fish67

You a club member? Caught and dispatched another snakehead this evening. Full report and photos coming soon...

fish67

Definitely worried about the snakehead population - doing everything I can to eliminate them down there. I am pretty sure I came across a ball of snakehead fry hanging out in the grass...

fish67

Confirmed with MD DNR today that the brood of fry I came across were probably NOT snakehead - anyone know of a brood about 50-60 fry, about the size of a volleyball, about a 1/2 inch in length, tan with black stripes along the lateral line on either side.

fish67

How the bream 'bittin ?

I haven't really fished for them much last few weeks, but did once - not a bad bite. Fished small grubs on leadheads under a bobber. The trick was finding the right depth to keep the leadhead just above the submerged grass. Fun for the kids!

T

toppick08

I haven't really fished for them much last few weeks, but did once - not a bad bite. Fished small grubs on leadheads under a bobber. The trick was finding the right depth to keep the leadhead just above the submerged grass. Fun for the kids!

:yay:.....till that red ear(chinkapin) grabs that hook and pulls harder than a 3 pound bass.....:buddies: