PHOTOS: Rockfish on the Jetty

fish67

I just got this report in from Dave Yost, aka Striper Dave, from late yesterday afternoon. It looks like he was at it again on a jetty in the middle Chesapeake Bay.

I decided to head to the jetty after work and get some casting in. I am sure glad I did and I picked the time just right. It was just about the end of the outgoing tide. When I got down to the end of the jetty I noticed some swirls which I suspected was a school of stripers feeding on minnows. Yep sure was, as soon as my lure hit the water BANG, hooked up. I caught a fish on just about every cast for the next 20 minutes. I defintely got my striper fix for the day. The water was flat and winds were calm, little foggy out on the Bay, but still a beautiful site. The 3 inch bomber plug, aka The School Bus, did the trick. Here's a few pics - all the fish ranged from 14-19 inches.

FULL REPORT AND PHOTOS: PHOTOS: Middle Chesapeake Bay Jetty Fishing for Stripers - Southern Maryland Fishing

Twitter: So MD Fishing (somdfishing) on Twitter
Facebook: SouthernMarylandFishing.com | Facebook
Wordpress: Southern Maryland Fishing!!!

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I just got this report in from Dave Yost, aka Striper Dave, from late yesterday afternoon. It looks like he was at it again on a jetty in the middle Chesapeake Bay.

I decided to head to the jetty after work and get some casting in. I am sure glad I did and I picked the time just right. It was just about the end of the outgoing tide. When I got down to the end of the jetty I noticed some swirls which I suspected was a school of stripers feeding on minnows. Yep sure was, as soon as my lure hit the water BANG, hooked up. I caught a fish on just about every cast for the next 20 minutes. I defintely got my striper fix for the day. The water was flat and winds were calm, little foggy out on the Bay, but still a beautiful site. The 3 inch bomber plug, aka The School Bus, did the trick. Here's a few pics - all the fish ranged from 14-19 inches.

FULL REPORT AND PHOTOS: PHOTOS: Middle Chesapeake Bay Jetty Fishing for Stripers - Southern Maryland Fishing

Twitter: So MD Fishing (somdfishing) on Twitter
Facebook: SouthernMarylandFishing.com | Facebook
Wordpress: Southern Maryland Fishing!!!

Well, all I can say is St Jeromes Creek..

Using surface poppers, and the size of the fish were a little bigger than 14 - 19 inches..

Person that took me out was upset when he didn't catch a fish on his first cast. I caught one on my first and second cast. FUN!

JoeMac

My favorite place to go has been the mouth of Herring Creek. Also know as Tall Timbers Marina jetty. This year they have really tightened up who they let on there and I haven't been able to get on. It's a shame too because I always experienced similar action to what you are describing.

fish67

Well, all I can say is St Jeromes Creek..

Using surface poppers, and the size of the fish were a little bigger than 14 - 19 inches..

Person that took me out was upset when he didn't catch a fish on his first cast. I caught one on my first and second cast. FUN!

Hearing great things about St. Jeromes Creek the last week or so - we covered it in our podcast fishing report last week. Sounds like fish are really stacked up in there.