Physician's Formula Mineral Wear

M

Mousebaby

This stuff is REALLY nice makeup! I bought everything you would need to make your face up and I don't feel like I am wearing anything! It doesn't fill in your wrinkles and look crappy, you can't even tell its there except you look a hundred times better! I am glad I tried this stuff before I spent the money on the Bare Minerals! :banana:

M

Mousebaby

Where did you buy it from? Was it reasonably priced?

Bought it from Wally world and the most expensive thing was the loose powder foundation at 10.68. I spent $73.00 and that included a cosmetic bag to put it all in. I got: Mascara,eyeshadow,mineral veil,blush,eyeliner, concealer, and loose powder foundation. A lot cheaper then Bare Minerals!

godsbutterfly

Free to Fly
Bought it from Wally world and the most expensive thing was the loose powder foundation at 10.68. I spent $73.00 and that included a cosmetic bag to put it all in. I got: Mascara,eyeshadow,mineral veil,blush,eyeliner, concealer, and loose powder foundation. A lot cheaper then Bare Minerals!

How did you hear about it? Is somebody doing facials?

M

Mousebaby

Nope, just heard Physicians was a good makeup period so I thought I would give the mineral stuff a go. Worse come to worse my daughter would use it if I didn't like it. But I do, and she ain't gettin' it! :lmao:

M

Mousebaby

Another thing, I have a thing where I can't wear lotions and stuff without freakin out. So if I can wear this, you know it's real light on your face. The only thing I felt was the lipstick and that's cause I bought cheap stuff.

jen8753

I have garlic breath.

Very good to know! Thank you! I love bare minerals, but it's too expensive...Nice to know there is a cheaper substitute that works just as well!
Thank you :)

Beelzebaby666

Has confinement issues..
I love PF makeup but have put of buying that mineral stuff... I will have to go try it..

Are you saying it works as well as BareMInerals??

greyhound

Attachments

• Project2.jpg
    Project2.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 122

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I tried the PF awhile back, but I didn't like it as well as the BM. Maybe I'll give it another try.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
I grabbed some PF once when I was out of BM (before you could buy it locally). Hated it.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
I grabbed some PF once when I was out of BM (before you could buy it locally). Hated it.
I didn't care for it, either. It seemed to have a different texture to it, making it not blend as nicely as BM does. The appearance seemed a little "flat", too. BM products make my skin glow. :diva:

vegmom

Bookseller Lady
I've always used Physicians Formula stuff because I have very sensitive skin- especially around my eyes. Anyone with makeup allergies use Bare Minerals or Bare Eseuticals?

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Bare minerals contains bismuth oxychloride. The "glow" form oxy isn't all that healthy.

Bismuth is the by-product of lead and copper refining, as well as other metals to a smaller degree. Bismuth occurs very rarely in nature. It is on the periodic table of elements under the symbol Bi at atomic number 83. It is very heavy and chemically resembles arsenic and antimony. It has a whitish/iridescent hue and has a very high shine property to it. Of all the heavy metals it is the only non-toxic. Bimsuth is a carrier for fuel in nuclear reactors. Bismuth components are used in everything from detection work, to making acrylic fibers, to safety devices in fire detection and extinguishing items, soldering, magnets and medicine as well as cosmetics. Because it is a by-product of lead refining, bismuth oxychloride should be lead free when companies begin using it in their cosmetics.

Companies use this in their cosmetics because it is cheap to buy and is an inexpensive filler. It does have binding qualities, so the makeup will "stick" to your skin, so to speak. There are other products that are just as effective at adhesion, and are better for your skin. Because of its molecular make up, it is often viewed as shiny or pearlescent. It is often sold in these two varieties. This makes it highly refractive, which is something companies want. Refraction will camouflage fine lines, wrinkles and discolorations. If you use a brand with bismuth oxychloride you'll notice a shiny look after applying the makeup. Not like oiliness, but almost shimmery. That's the bismuth oxychloride.

It's a very heavy element, which makes it difficult for many people to wear. It has to be forced into the pores (hence the buffing technique) otherwise it is capable of sliding off the wearer's face. The heaviness can result in clogged pores or irritated skin. Bismuth oxychloride often feels silky and not rough when rubbed between the fingers. Mineral makeup companies that do not use it have a lighter feeling makeup that usually blends into the skin better and with less effort.

Its molecular makeup is a crystalline shape, which may be a cause of the itchiness some women get when they wear it. Many women experience noticeable itching when they sweat. Don't forget it is also kin to arsenic, chemically. Your body will reject things it does not like, and if you'll get sick from ingesting arsenic, it would make sense that your skin would get irritated from having arsenic forced into it.

There are a ton of mineral make-up companies out there. Do a search, try a few. Some give free samples for the cost of shipping. Find one that doesn't contain oxy bismuth.

sanchezf

Little ol' Me
Have you seen the commerical where the old lady uses the make up that hides anything but is light and waterproof? She even covers her varicous veins with it?

anyone ever tried it ?

Had to ask :lmao: