Pics from Salmon trip

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Got our limits each day...got almost 200 lbs in fish...and 38 vacuum packs of Salmon in the freezer...found out fly fishing is a blast..really fight that way..I found out I am also a good netter I did not let any go...lol..headed back next week..

Attachments

• 9242009trip 024.jpg
    9242009trip 024.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 103
  • 9242009trip 054.jpg
    9242009trip 054.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 109
  • john 133.jpg
    john 133.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 168
  • j9302009ohn 006.jpg
    j9302009ohn 006.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 116
  • 9302009john 007sm.jpg
    9302009john 007sm.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 136

luvscats

I would love to stock my freezer with some salmon. do you ice them down real good in a cooler and then drive home? how to you get them home without them spoiling?

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
What is the limit? Do the fish bite or do you have to steer your line into their mouths?

What is the temperature? Did it make it down to the low teens?

It was in the high 40's....the limit is 3 per license per day. I dont think many are bitting you basically steer it in..we did bring alot in that were snagged..just do not get caught...you are to let them go..we will go steal head fishing later they will be eating the salmon eggs so we will see....

I would love to stock my freezer with some salmon. do you ice them down real good in a cooler and then drive home? how to you get them home without them spoiling?

Keep them on the stringer until heading out..then go straight to the cleaning shops (they are all over) then put them on ice most places will keep them for you for a few days until you leave..soon as we got home we shrink wrapped them..we had 38 pieces (1/4 fillets)

Headed back next week...wish us more luck...

C

CalvertNewbie

NY :buddies: caught a cold too lol...really cool and rainy the last few days...stood in the river in rain stayed fairly dry until I crashed out..thank god for the neoprene wadders..

Where in NY, the Hudson River? Looks/sounds like it was a great time! Hope you're having luck up there again this weekend.