jumpergirl976

tell how you guys like this one.

Attachments

• 222.jpg
    222.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 229

Duckz

I think it's an improvement :howdy: You still need to work on your base of support though. Once you can sink your weight down into your heels and keep your leg under you (instead of heels up and leg swinging back like in this picture) you will feel much more secure over fences. Recommend lots of no stirrups work and trotting cavaletti in jump position to get the muscle memory going :buddies:

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)

Jumper girl it is always great to see a riders eyes up and looking where they are headed. As Duckz said your base still needs some work. Your stirrups appear to short and you are pinching with your knee vs letting your weight sink down through your heel. Also your stirrups have slipped past the ball of your foot and you seem to be pushing off the ball off your foot instead of sinking your weight into your heel.

Riding without stirrups as Duckz said, but also riding in 2 point at a trot and canter will also build up your base.

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
It is much better than your videos where you fell off!:killingme I hate it when that happens! I just got tossed the other day.:cds:

devinej

i agree you have improved. your hips are back over the saddle, you look pretty well balanced, but there are still some big things to work on - those heels of yours. i would work on ankle stretches on a stair or something to help stretch out the back of your calf. pushing your heel down and forward, so that your stirrup can be the base of your position. as is, you are holding on with your knees to make up for it.

jumpergirl976

i agree you have improved. your hips are back over the saddle, you look pretty well balanced, but there are still some big things to work on - those heels of yours. i would work on ankle stretches on a stair or something to help stretch out the back of your calf. pushing your heel down and forward, so that your stirrup can be the base of your position. as is, you are holding on with your knees to make up for it.

thanks for the tips everyone :) yeah though my heels have gottin alot better i have some pictures where they are completely down but thats on the flat. they tend to go back up tho when im jumping.

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)
thanks for the tips everyone :) yeah though my heels have gottin alot better i have some pictures where they are completely down but thats on the flat. they tend to go back up tho when im jumping.

Right because if you pinch with your knees your weight going down stops at your knees and your leg will be loose from the knee down. Then your leg will slip either infront or behind the girth. Leg contact should be the middle of your thigh, just above your knee, and the inside middle of your calf. Glad your having better success with your jumping. :howdy:

Last edited:

jumpergirl976

thanks :) yeah though when im going down from the jump my heel goes down i hae videos you can watch on youtube from this lesson jumpergirlxoxo is my account check it out :)

IntegritysDream

thanks :) yeah though when im going down from the jump my heel goes down i hae videos you can watch on youtube from this lesson jumpergirlxoxo is my account check it out :)

as far as the pinching with the knees thing that is a common problem that alot of people have which causes "lightness" in the heels or you to topple forward in your position. while dropping stiurps does help in deed with muscle strength of your leg, i found that in order to learn to relax the leg and stop pinching with my knees, i had to lengthen my stiurrips way down to dressage length.. you learn real fast not to pinch with your knees or youll loose your stirrups immediatly cuz when they are that long, it requires you to really streach and relax that leg. just another idea for you to try to help that leg of yours... if you do lengthen those stirrups that long, do not jump until you put them back up to hunter length. youllpretty much feel like your swimming for those stiurrps when you first drop them down, but when it gets easier, that means your leg has learned to streach down and which should help your heals and the pinching. at least...it did for me :) good luck!