Pier 1 sinking.

GregV814

Looks like they’re closing all Maryland stores in addition to hundreds more nationwide.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
can you say Wayfair.com
Lowe's tried going after Wayfair.

They bought a company several years ago called Allied Trade Groups, aka ATG Stores, which had about 500 interlocked websites offering a very broad range of products. I bought a couple dozen new target arrows from them a little after the purchase.

After a couple years, Lowe's cut it back to the Wayfair-lite assortment (80% of ATG jobs went away) and renamed it "the Mine." It didn't fly and what was left got folded into the main Lowe's website.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Does anyone remember when it caught on fire? I'm pretty sure it was the same morning as 9-11.

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
My youngest daughter has worked part time for Pier 1 for 10 or 11 years at a couple different stores in Baltimore County and she says they've not said anything at either store yet.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Went to BJ's in California yesterday and noticed the Pier 1 at the corner has signs up saying "Store closing" and "20-40% off everything." I do have several things from Pier 1 but the vast majority were on clearance.