Pier locations

jackers

Hi,
Can anyone help me find some fishing piers? I live in Wildewood and the fiance and I decided to get some licenses and get some lines wet. We are planning on going on base today. Can we even crab off the base pier?

Can you guys recommend some other piers in the area for us to try fishing and crabbing from?

Thanks!

Hi,
Can anyone help me find some fishing piers? I live in Wildewood and the fiance and I decided to get some licenses and get some lines wet. We are planning on going on base today. Can we even crab off the base pier?

Can you guys recommend some other piers in the area for us to try fishing and crabbing from?

Thanks!

Sure, most people use the creek though try wading the shallows for soft crabs in the grass. Under Somons bridge on the Calvert side is a pier and also Point Lookout. I think you can still go out on the jetty (rocks) at tall timbers marina but probably not a good spot for kids.

Thats the issue Im haveing right now. No boat not really no good place to go. I think my big issue is that I dont like being around alot of people. But some other place you could check out are greenwell state park, or piney point.

struggler44

A Salute to all on Watch
Hi,

Thanks!

If you can go on base you have it made; Goose Creek, Hog Point are really good spots, even TPs pier was always good. If you go to TPS and hang a lantern over the wall the crabs swim right up to you, we used to have a blast out there

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Hi,

Thanks!

Solomon's pier isn't too far from you. It's a big pier, my husband and I have fished and crabbed there late into the night, it's lighted but sometimes tends to get a little crowded out toward the end. To get to it, you have to go under the bridge on the Solomon's side, there's a big parking lot with a boat ramp.

Last edited:

jackers

Thanks everyone! Four of us just went to the pier on base since we were familiar with it. The fishing was a little slow though. We each hooked into big stingrays but they were kind of few and far between. A group of guys on the other side of the pier caught a couple croaker but their strikes were few and far between as well.

Oh well, the weather was awesome and we really enjoyed it. We'll definitely take everyone's advice and try some other ones in the area.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Thanks everyone! Four of us just went to the pier on base since we were familiar with it. The fishing was a little slow though. We each hooked into big stingrays but they were kind of few and far between. A group of guys on the other side of the pier caught a couple croaker but their strikes were few and far between as well.

Oh well, the weather was awesome and we really enjoyed it. We'll definitely take everyone's advice and try some other ones in the area.

Croakers bite best @ night, use beetle spins and ultra light tackle for white perch.:yay:

itsbob

I bowl overhand

You do know you have to go to MWR and buy a base fishing/ crabbing license right??

That being said, there are loads of good places to go fishing/ crabbing on base. We use to have a lot of luck at West Basin Marina, and you can crab in the inlet between the river and the Marina. Just South of there is Shark Tooth Point (you can walk through the grass from West Basin to get there, or drive around near the new "conference center")and it's great for croaker. Never had much luck off of the pier on base.. BUT don't hesitate to go South to Webster Field. There's one tall pier down there that is great for crabbing but you'll need to bring a LONG dip net to get to the crabs before they come out of the water.

Last edited:

jackers

You do know you have to go to MWR and buy a base fishing/ crabbing license right??

That being said, there are loads of good places to go fishing/ crabbing on base. We use to have a lot of luck at West Basin Marina, and you can crab in the inlet between the river and the Marina. Just South of there is Shark Tooth Point (you can walk through the grass from West Basin to get there, or drive around near the new "conference center")and it's great for croaker. Never had much luck off of the pier on base.. BUT don't hesitate to go South to Webster Field. There's one tall pier down there that is great for crabbing but you'll need to bring a LONG dip net to get to the crabs before they come out of the water.

Yeah, we got the base licenses. You can actually purchase them online and print them out right then.

Thanks for the tips about the base. We are sure to check those out!