Pigskin VS. Parks & Rec Poll

What should happen to Youth football in St.Marys county?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

smilin

BOXER NATION
I am interested to see how many people would be interested in taking a totaly unscientific poll on what to do about St. Mary's Youth football.

Last edited:
D

dm4462

there is nothing wrong with the pig skins football its the parents that arent acted right there is no reason to have more then one team

mainman

Set Trippin
dm4462 said:
there is no reason to have more then one team
I just keep getting more confused and more confused...:confused: If there is only one team, who are they going to play? :ohwell:

I'm gonna sign shorty up for boxing instead....

D

dm4462

ok there is more then one team so they have someone to play but if the parents stay on the side lines like they are told then the pig skins will not have any problem. when kids of all ages see someone acting out like they did what back in nov. thats what they are going to do because they think its right. my son played last year and he loved it we never had a problem with anything

Pete

Repete
I think all you people fighting like total asshats is more than likely driving more and more people to soccer and croquette.

smilin

BOXER NATION
Pete said:
I think all you people fighting like total asshats is more than likely driving more and more people to soccer and croquette.
What's the matter with salmon croquettes?

SouthCountyMom

dm4462 said:
ok there is more then one team so they have someone to play but if the parents stay on the side lines like they are told then the pig skins will not have any problem. when kids of all ages see someone acting out like they did what back in nov. thats what they are going to do because they think its right. my son played last year and he loved it we never had a problem with anything
My sons loved it too. However, we as parents are the ones that have to put up with the nonsense
1. Opening day...WOW....Those poor kids & coaches that had to sit out in the HOT sun for hours (to be told to sit down and shut up), and then take pics and then play a game.

2. You must sell or buy yoursef raffles...I've heard people ask who won??? Still don't have a name.

3. The cheerleaders that wore t-shirts as a uniforms.

4. Try to plan your childs party when you don't have a schedule. Better yet try to r.s.v.p. for a paty not knowing if you can make it. Or better than that what if you have other children in other things other than football. I can go on in on about this problem. Yes, their going to have a scheduele this seson...But you can't help to complain about the previous years.

5.Alot of traveling to Litte Dent. Very unfair for alot of us in the South. And when they were in the South I don't ever remember seeing Mr. Kemp there at those games.

6. Pizza sales... WOW... Having more than one was alot. Since I don't work and my husband hates asking for handouts we were stuck to either buy out, or buy them. As somebody said in one of the forums "Anyone wants to buy some pizza".You have to sell 5 before, after the 5 goes to the teams. BUT YOU MUST SELL 5 OR BUY OUT FOR $75 in my case $150.

7. Meeting the coaches pig roast. Great, but I have a friend that daughter cheers, correct me if I'm wrong, but I was told they didn't get to meet their coaches.

So as I said before, my children loved it, BECAUSE they had very supportive family and friends and they had great coaches. And I shelter them from all of this negativite bull crapt.

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
What a waste of time. So many chores to do! And what about homework? I say let 'em play stick-ball in the woods on Saturday afternoons. :biggrin:

J/K! :lmao:

vindog

SouthCountyMom said:
My sons loved it too. However, we as parents are the ones that have to put up with the nonsense
1. Opening day...WOW....Those poor kids & coaches that had to sit out in the HOT sun for hours (to be told to sit down and shut up), and then take pics and then play a game.

2. You must sell or buy yoursef raffles...I've heard people ask who won??? Still don't have a name.

3. The cheerleaders that wore t-shirts as a uniforms.

4. Try to plan your childs party when you don't have a schedule. Better yet try to r.s.v.p. for a paty not knowing if you can make it. Or better than that what if you have other children in other things other than football. I can go on in on about this problem. Yes, their going to have a scheduele this seson...But you can't help to complain about the previous years.

5.Alot of traveling to Litte Dent. Very unfair for alot of us in the South. And when they were in the South I don't ever remember seeing Mr. Kemp there at those games.

6. Pizza sales... WOW... Having more than one was alot. Since I don't work and my husband hates asking for handouts we were stuck to either buy out, or buy them. As somebody said in one of the forums "Anyone wants to buy some pizza".You have to sell 5 before, after the 5 goes to the teams. BUT YOU MUST SELL 5 OR BUY OUT FOR $75 in my case $150.

7. Meeting the coaches pig roast. Great, but I have a friend that daughter cheers, correct me if I'm wrong, but I was told they didn't get to meet their coaches.

So as I said before, my children loved it, BECAUSE they had very supportive family and friends and they had great coaches. And I shelter them from all of this negativite bull crapt.

If you hated it so much and saw so many problems, why didn't you volunteer like the rest of us to try and help? The reason things have been "disorganized" is because there are sooooo many parents that look to sports and the coaches as baby sitters. Too many of us bust our butts to put on a halfway decent setting for the kids, while there are a lot of people in the stands saying - the opening day was too hot and disorganized, or whining about selling pizza kits. Where were you????

And by the way, noone was asking for handouts - if you had listened to the coaches, you would have discovered that the kids got prizes for selling - just like the county schools - just like the recent drive for donations through the schools for the Leukemia Society - just like soccer, baseball, and every other sports league in this and every other county in the US! Honestly, if I hear one more complaint over selling FIVE pizza kits, I will scream - BOTH of my kids ran around the neighborhood and accomplished that in one afternoon, and then some.

PrepH4U

dm4462 said:
there is nothing wrong with the pig skins football its the parents that arent acted right there is no reason to have more then one team
I agree one team would be so much fun! That will teach those parents who didn't acted right! :whistle:

SouthCountyMom

vindog said:
If you hated it so much and saw so many problems, why didn't you volunteer like the rest of us to try and help? The reason things have been "disorganized" is because there are sooooo many parents that look to sports and the coaches as baby sitters. Too many of us bust our butts to put on a halfway decent setting for the kids, while there are a lot of people in the stands saying - the opening day was too hot and disorganized, or whining about selling pizza kits. Where were you????

And by the way, noone was asking for handouts - if you had listened to the coaches, you would have discovered that the kids got prizes for selling - just like the county schools - just like the recent drive for donations through the schools for the Leukemia Society - just like soccer, baseball, and every other sports league in this and every other county in the US! Honestly, if I hear one more complaint over selling FIVE pizza kits, I will scream - BOTH of my kids ran around the neighborhood and accomplished that in one afternoon, and then some.
You have no clue how much my family has volunteer alot of their time. As for the schools you choose wether or not you want to sell. As far as baseball your not told to sell 5, or you can't play. The top sellers got prizes (not that makes a difference). I volunteer alot all around when it comes to my kids. Now I can't wait to volunteer for the county or the new league.

smilin

BOXER NATION
Remember the old Army adage "Don't volunteer for nuttin".
My family volunteered for three seasons, but after being told we were useless decided to let those who had a handle on things (or so we were told) do it. Now we watch as those very same people scream about the lack of volunteers. After the first couple of times watching coaches who stepped up in times of need, or Moms help out when none else would, being told they were "Morons, who didn't know what they were doing" I came to the conclusion help wasn't needed nor wanted.
BTW - I have helped out various other leagues before and since and usualy get a thumbs up and thank you from the parents and league officials.
So please don't get carried away with the plea of: "if you get out and volunteer, all your problems will be addressed". Some of us HAVE gone out of our way to help and we have seen the problems first hand.

smilin

BOXER NATION
Tomorrow the Commissioners decide the fate of youth football (as if they haven't already!). Should be interesting. :popcorn:

vindog

Vote Results....

smilin said:
Tomorrow the Commissioners decide the fate of youth football (as if they haven't already!). Should be interesting. :popcorn:

Still waiting.....to quote Marvin the Martian, "Where is the KaBoom? There was supposed to be an Earth Shattering Kaboom!!!"

Sounds like the vote wasn't as close as everyone had predicted.....

A

apple

vindog said:

you know that when you volenteer and try to make things better all of a sudden you become responsible for why everything goes wrong???

I was a team mom with 4 kids, selling pizzas because we lived in a rural rd with NO NEIGHBORS TO SELL TO.
you cant ask people to volenteer for something so unorginized-
it was expected for the volenteer to just know what to do..
with out much direction- the coaches have to concentrate on the team or the parents get upset for having a neglectful coach- team moms have to be the middle man and help bridge the gap between parents and coaches- some of the parents take their frustrations out on team moms-

then all the way up the totem pole you have the higher ups complaining and giving the coaches a mouthful for what ever doesnt go right.

thankfully the year I was a team mom, the coach was nice and spared me from alot of the garbage that rolls down hill if you know what I mean.

If you want more people to volenteer you have to make it easy to do so, you have to spell it all out , what their responsabilities are, time frames, schedules,etc.
with out that organization you are just asking people to volenteer for a beating.

you cant give someone a tiller and say plow that field.
if they have no experience, and you give them no direction - how can you complain about the out come, and blame others for not willing to take a bullet too??
another thing is if you get enough volenteers who all have their own ideas of how to make things better you get the "too many cooks spoil the broth" syndrome going on and it all goes sour. with a unified, spelled out, no brainer plan of action you can avoid all the headaches!

I think I did good the year I was a team mom- the coach never had to ask for yard marker volenteers, the snacks were always covered, the party went well the parents all got along, there were times when I didnt know what was going on and had parents angry at me for not knowing, but no one knew what was going on 1/2 the time so there was no one to ask- we had to jump when we were told to.
I am really exited about the new league- i really want it to work out but I dont think that pigskin should be banned- it is a great place for those who already KNOW exactly what to do- but for the inexperienced volenteers like me- I am looking foward to it all being spelled out for me. Its not like the board of the new league will have to do my job for me, they will just have to tell me exactly how to do it- the more orginization the better the out come-
enough rambling i hope all the football leagues can get along! :huggy:

Last edited by a moderator: