Pink Hair Dye

Tina2001aniT

Anybody have any suggestions for pink hair dye that actually lasts? The kiddo has been loving hot pink streaks, but they are fading after less than a week.

I have been buying I think it is called "Splat" from Walgreens...
I was going to buy manic panic from hot topic, but the girl in there told me it sucked too, lol.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Like this?????????

Attachments

• DSC_1602.JPG
    DSC_1602.JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 105
  • DSC_1608.jpg
    DSC_1608.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 90
  • DSC_1613.JPG
    DSC_1613.JPG
    67.4 KB · Views: 88

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Or like this..

Attachments

• garden party 051.JPG
    garden party 051.JPG
    31.1 KB · Views: 78
  • garden party 062.JPG
    garden party 062.JPG
    50.5 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:

n0n1m0us3

why so serious
Anybody have any suggestions for pink hair dye that actually lasts? The kiddo has been loving hot pink streaks, but they are fading after less than a week.

I was going to buy manic panic from hot topic, but the girl in there told me it sucked too, lol.

IMO Punky Colour is a somewhat better product than Manic Panic but none of these colors are not made to last too long, usually 6 weeks at most. They last longer on chemically treated hair and a light color like pink is going to fade faster than darker colors.
Sally's Beauty Supply is a pretty good place to get semi-permanent hair dyes in all sorts of cool colors.

punjabigyrl

IMO steaks of color such as pink, blue, violet, red, green all fade away within 2-3 weeks. Every color I did, faded with 3 weeks. So, I got smart and got the colored hair extentions and put them in my hair. I get my hairdresser to cut them to the length of my hair and style. Here are some of the websites that sell them.
Colored Hair Extensions @ Hottopic

Hair Extensions.com :: The Hair Professionals :: Clip In Extensions :: Color

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
reds (and pink, of course) are the absolute quickest fading. I have had both, and they are orange-ish withen two weeks or so. get a color safe shampoo, try to isolate and not wash the streak, but condition it good. I got a color depositing shampoo from redken once, but it worked on me because I am a brunette, it would not work for someone who is blonde, it would turn their whole head pink lol. Even if it is blonde hair, bleaching it first may keep the color a bit longer...mostly just reapplying the color every two weeks or so is the way to keep it..i don't think any product is going to last any longer than that..it's the nature of the color itself. There are clip in streaks, and some pretty high quality ones on ebay..but imo, they just don't compare to having the actual streak... My fave was the vibrant purple I did..probably lasted 3 or so weeks..

watercolor

yeah yeah
The kind that I got when I dyed my hair pink for the walk was by loreal! It works well.. and I had pink hair for like 5-6 weeks. LOL It is in a black and pink box on the top shelf of the walmart hair color aisle.