Pink...

Larry Gude

Strung Out
...we watched her 'Fun House' show over this past weekend on Palladium.

Now THAT is a pop star I would gladly go see live.

:buddies:

Pushrod

Patriot
Her music has really evolved over the past few years. I think she is one of the better female vocalists and performers out there.

sockgirl77

:yay:

Attachments

• pink.jpg
    pink.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 132
  • pink-2013-concert-photos-phoenix-arizona-1.jpg
    pink-2013-concert-photos-phoenix-arizona-1.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 125
  • PINK-GRAMMY-OUTFIT_510x380.jpg
    PINK-GRAMMY-OUTFIT_510x380.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 128

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Her music has really evolved over the past few years. I think she is one of the better female vocalists and performers out there.

Best compliment I heard;

Pink (singer) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Following her performance at the American Music Awards of 2012, LZ Granderson of CNN wrote: "... our culture's biggest sin may well be the auto-tuned syrup we've allowed to dominate the pop charts. All-time chart records are handed to vacuous acts such as the Black Eyed Peas and singing awards are given to vocal lightweights such as Taylor Swift. [...] But thank God for Pink. [...] While Christina Aguilera has a tendency to oversing, Britney Spears can't sing, and Lauryn Hill sorta stopped singing, Pink has managed to carve a brilliant 13-year-career by being something that is incredibly rare these days—an artist."

I like Pink, especially some of her later stuff. It seems she's no longer trying to force her music and the image she projects into a Hip Hop style. But some of that early stuff was great for dancing (e.g. Lady Marmalade, Get The Party Started).

Sometime's she seems a bit like Lady Gaga in her efforts to be visually shocking for the sake of being visually shocking, which I could do without. Don't get me wrong, she's not as out there as Gaga, but still. If that's how she feels like expressing herself, then more power to her; but I think her musical artistry is much more appreciation-worthy than the visuals and sometimes music artists risk the former being lost somewhat in the latter.

Larry - are these formulaic?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I love P!nk. She's what Madonna could have been until she (Madonna) decided to become a ridiculous parody.

Please, P!nk, I beg you: once you hit your 40s, rely on your talent to entertain and stop taking your clothes off.

sockgirl77

And this dress too. Every other dress that I can remember was ugly though. :lmao:

Attachments

• 49th+Annual+Grammy+Awards+Arrivals+TgaPcTEAhInl.jpg
    49th+Annual+Grammy+Awards+Arrivals+TgaPcTEAhInl.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 97

Dakota

~~~~~~~
Wirelessly posted

My sister and I saw her when she opened for lenny kravits... she's awesome. Back when song sharing was popular is how I came across her so I purchased concert tickets and eventually her cd at the time. Very few had even heard of her at the time
She has strongly protested free song sharing in the past but I think that venue launched her career.