Pit Bull Attack!!!!!!

J

jp2854

Turbo I am sorry you had to go through that with your doggy. I have been very lucky with all the vets I have used and never had to put my own cat in a trashbag and take it home etc due to the vet not being able to lift etc. I am lucky to be going to the vet I have right now 2 of the vets I really like and take good care of my animals. I might be switching my cats to an in-home vet due to the stress on them with riding in the car for over 30min to get to the vets office but will keep bruno at the vets office out in town as they all love seeing her walk through the door. 2 of the vet techs hug all over bruno when they see her and that makes me happy that others love my doggy as much as I do.

C

CalvertNewbie

I received a beautiful sympathy card with a long hand written note from Dr. Meadows yesterday. :bawl: It was very touching. She also hand wrote a poem and included a footprint of Marble.

It's nice to know that compassion and empathy is still alive. I'm sure she sees dogs die everyday, but she made me feel like I was the only one and my dog was extra special. She took the time to make what was a very difficult time for me very personal. She never made me feel like I was just a number or a check book and it made me feel like she cared about Marble as much as I did. I do think she had a little special bond with Marble, she was the doctor that treated her from the pitbull attacks. She knew how sweet she was!

So thank you again Dr. Meadows, for everything you do for our pet family!

Wow, that was so thoughtful of your vet. A paw print too? Very sweet.

Wow you have a nice vet. Last time I had a dog die at the the vet, I was overcharged for doing nothing but pumping my dog full of IV antibiotics to the point of fatal toxicity when he was suffering from kidney failure due to melanine poisoning. Then I had to load my own beloved dog into a garbage bag at 1:30 am because the only person at the "24 hour" facility was a tiny little vet assistant who couldn't even come close to lifting his body. Obviously I will be bitter about that for the rest of my life... Keep that vet, sounds like they actually care about the animals and peoples. :love:

I envy you your vet. I share with you your pain. :huggy:

That is so ridiculous. Was it an area hospital? I understand that they're not gonna be fully staffed there 24hrs a day but for a pet owner to have to go through that is absurd! They should've written off the cost of the visit and not charged you. I would've gone through the roof!

TurboK9

That is so ridiculous. Was it an area hospital? I understand that they're not gonna be fully staffed there 24hrs a day but for a pet owner to have to go through that is absurd! They should've written off the cost of the visit and not charged you. I would've went through the roof!

Florida. Aloma Jancy Animal Hospital. I didn't get pissed, I just did what I had to do. I felt bad for the little vet tech, she seemed as upset as me. Getting mad in her face wouldn't have helped anyone... I did give the owner an earful a week later though.

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
Florida. Aloma Jancy Animal Hospital. I didn't get pissed, I just did what I had to do. I felt bad for the little vet tech, she seemed as upset as me. Getting mad in her face wouldn't have helped anyone... I did give the owner an earful a week later though.

so sorry! :huggy:

J

jp2854

well solomons vet they must have just started doing the pawprint in the last few years because when i went there back in 1999 all they did was send a card and that was it.

ladyhawk

well solomons vet they must have just started doing the pawprint in the last few years because when i went there back in 1999 all they did was send a card and that was it.

At least they sent a card..

This was the first time I chose cremation. I wish I had done this for all the pets I've had throughout my lifetime. The idea that she was coming home again made it emotionally easier. My problem was the card. I was doing pretty good until it came. I cried for a little bit...

Now I keep the card with her ashes..
Granted the pawprint would have been nice but I'm still glad to have the card...

June

Crashpupty

havoc is havoc
Three Notch placed my beloved Crash in a coffin shaped box and wheeled him out and placed him in our car The box had the "Rainbow Bridge" attached to it and few days later we received a footprint of him. I love the service and the people there. We also got a card signed by the vet and all of the the techs that knew him.

Last edited: