PITA Morning.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Started with an email from Amazon 2 days ago. An unregistered device was used to place an order. Was that you? Nope, follow the process to deny the device. Today, another email. Thank you for your order. Except I didn't place an order. And it was not the email account I use for my real Amazon account. A wrist watch, being delivered to Oregon. Check my account, no order, no charge. Check my credit card, no charges. Call Amazon, they confirm there was another account with the "wrong" email address, but the physical address is mine. I have them delete the order. Sent me links to delete the account. After I delete the account, I realize they sent me links to delete my real account, not the bogus one. :doh: Tried to log on to the bogus account to delete it, had to do a password recovery. Fortunately, whomever hacked the account didn't change the email address or authentication stuff. Got in, changed the passwords. Turns out it was an old account I made years ago and completely forgot about. Called Amazon. Really helpful, helped me delete the old account and caught the deletion of the good account before it got deleted.

Then I kept smelling old, stale, wet air every time the a/c turned on. Tried to remove the access panel to the exchanger, but the drain pipe is in the way. Have to cut the drain pipe. Remove the panel. Water isn't draining completely, getting stale. Parts of the metal are under water and corroding. Not much I can do, but I will call the installer and see if there is anything that can be done, still under warranty. In the meantime, I dump some Lysol in there, make a run to Lowes to get PVC stuff, remake the connections allowing room to remove the panel. Not smelling it anymore.

Arg.

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
(a) Started with an email from Amazon 2 days ago. An unregistered device was used to place an order. Was that you? Nope,

(b) Then I kept smelling old, stale, wet air every time the a/c turned on. Tried to remove the access panel to the exchanger, but the drain pipe is in the way. Have to cut the drain pipe. Remove the panel. Water isn't draining completely, getting stale. Parts of the metal are under water and corroding. Not much I can do, but I will call the installer and see if there is anything that can be done, still under warranty. In the meantime, I dump some Lysol in there, make a run to Lowes to get PVC stuff, remake the connections allowing room to remove the panel. Not smelling it anymore.

(c) Arg.
(a) Wasn't me.

(b) Was me; had a similar problem this Spring where I found the installer put a huge loop in the condensation drain pipe causing the water not to drain and to back up in the pan, overflow the pan, and cause a fair amount of moisture damage to the drywall/studs.

(c) Yup. Arg, indeed.

--- End of line (MCP)

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
(b) Was me; had a similar problem this Spring where I found the installer put a huge loop in the condensation drain pipe causing the water not to drain and to back up in the pan, overflow the pan, and cause a fair amount of moisture damage to the drywall/studs.
Funny thing, as I was talking to the Amazon help guy, he said his drain backed up, overflowed and his ceiling crashed down at 1 am last night. I've never been a fan of putting the HVAC in the attic. Mine is in the basement.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Ugh.

But it's nice to get crappy stuff out of the way in one swell foop. That way nothing will go wrong tomorrow. :huggy:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Worked my sorry butt to a frazzle finishing up the new deck on our "Rusty Trailer" TM

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Ugh.

But it's nice to get crappy stuff out of the way in one swell foop. That way nothing will go wrong tomorrow. :huggy:
I know I'll be smiling at some point tomorrow. My 'friends' forgot my birthday. :drama: Tomorrow is hers. I am SO gonna give them a hard time...

frequentflier

happy to be living
Started with an email from Amazon 2 days ago. An unregistered device was used to place an order. Was that you? Nope, follow the process to deny the device. Today, another email. Thank you for your order. Except I didn't place an order. And it was not the email account I use for my real Amazon account. A wrist watch, being delivered to Oregon. Check my account, no order, no charge. Check my credit card, no charges. Call Amazon, they confirm there was another account with the "wrong" email address, but the physical address is mine. I have them delete the order. Sent me links to delete the account. After I delete the account, I realize they sent me links to delete my real account, not the bogus one. :doh: Tried to log on to the bogus account to delete it, had to do a password recovery. Fortunately, whomever hacked the account didn't change the email address or authentication stuff. Got in, changed the passwords. Turns out it was an old account I made years ago and completely forgot about. Called Amazon. Really helpful, helped me delete the old account and caught the deletion of the good account before it got deleted.

Then I kept smelling old, stale, wet air every time the a/c turned on. Tried to remove the access panel to the exchanger, but the drain pipe is in the way. Have to cut the drain pipe. Remove the panel. Water isn't draining completely, getting stale. Parts of the metal are under water and corroding. Not much I can do, but I will call the installer and see if there is anything that can be done, still under warranty. In the meantime, I dump some Lysol in there, make a run to Lowes to get PVC stuff, remake the connections allowing room to remove the panel. Not smelling it anymore.

Arg.

Good Morning! I hope is a better day for you. :huggy:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Did you use apitong?
Nope...used #1 treated lumber.....pier grade stuff. I looked in to apitong but it was not the right thickness for the deck on this trailer which was built with PT deck originally.

Had to put 9 new tires on the damned thing too. Old ones had very little wear..but they just came apart!...hard to find good quality tires these days.

Last edited:

PeoplesElbow

Nope...used #1 treated lumber.....pier grade stuff. I looked in to apitong but it was not the right thickness for the deck on this trailer which was built with PT deck originally.

Had to put 9 new tires on the damned thing too. Old ones had very little wear..but they just came apart!...hard to find good quality tires these days.
I was behind someone towing a trailer the other day on I-68 and one of their tires delaminates