Place to sell a wedding dress

va_girl_in_somd

Does anybody know of local secondhand stores/bridal/consignment shops that will buy a wedding dress? I'm not looking to make back what I paid, but I never got to wear it because I bought way too early and ended up 6 months pregnant at my wedding last Saturday (just BARELY too big to fit the dress, too!). Any help you ladies can give would be appreciated!

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
Does anybody know of local secondhand stores/bridal/consignment shops that will buy a wedding dress? I'm not looking to make back what I paid, but I never got to wear it because I bought way too early and ended up 6 months pregnant at my wedding last Saturday (just BARELY too big to fit the dress, too!). Any help you ladies can give would be appreciated!

I would put it on Ebay and set the minimum at the least amount you would be willing to get for it. It is a general rule that you should not expect to get more than 50% of what you paid in return even if it is new. Most second hand stores in the area take donated items and sell them to fund projects for the developmentally disabled. I do not know of any local consignment shops and I think that most bridal shops may not be willing to take in just one dress. Good luck in your search and remember take lots of pictures if you do go with Ebay and if you have a friend who could model the gown but not show their face that will give a better visual. Also provide the exact measurements of the dress too.

J

jaybeeztoo

I would put it on Ebay and set the minimum at the least amount you would be willing to get for it. It is a general rule that you should not expect to get more than 50% of what you paid in return even if it is new. Most second hand stores in the area take donated items and sell them to fund projects for the developmentally disabled. I do not know of any local consignment shops and I think that most bridal shops may not be willing to take in just one dress. Good luck in your search and remember take lots of pictures if you do go with Ebay and if you have a friend who could model the gown but not show their face that will give a better visual. Also provide the exact measurements of the dress too.

If you do the Ebay thing, just watch out for the scams. I listed mine and got bunch of hits from people, but they weren't really looking for a dress. It's been a while, but if I remember correctly, I got a message from "Tina" saying my dress was beautiful and that I should list it on this other site. I did so for $5 and never heard a word. I listed another dress for a friend and got the same message from "Tina" suggesting I list it on this other site. I even had one person in the UK who offered me $250 more than I listed it for, but I guestioned him and he disappeared.

Good luck. I can't think of any local places that would buy it from you. Sorry.

There's someone with the screen name 'Watercolor' something or another, she's always looking for dresses.

did u try google? :whome:

You cut that out!! :smack:

winniesmom

winniesmom
Buying wedding dress

There's a consignment shop in Leonardtown called Colleen's Dream. You might want to try them. I don't know the phone number, but I do know you have to make an appointment with them and show them your dress.