Place your bets

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Tightrope walker starts 13-day stint above tiger enclosure

A German daredevil is attempting to walk the tightrope above a tiger enclosure for 13 days to set a new record. Falko Traber is using a 12 millimetre thick wire and no net. Nine metres below are white tigers Sawari and Sahiba at the Schloss Holte Stukenbrock safari park.

Mr Traber will only take a five-minute break every hour, even at night. The 42-year-old, who already holds three records for other bizarre high-wire antics, said: "If I fall, there's a 99% chance it will be for the last time."
~~~~~~~
Will he make it or will he be our next Darwin Award winner?

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
He made it!

Tightrope walker completes 13-day feat over tiger enclosure

A German daredevil has succeeded in his attempt to walk the tightrope above a tiger enclosure for 13 days. Falko Traber used a 12 millimetre thick wire and no net. Nine metres below were white tigers Sawari and Sahiba at the Schloss Holte Stukenbrock safari park.

During the attempt, Falko could only come down for one five-minute break every hour, including at night. But he was allowed to use a balancing pole and slept for one to two hours on a narrow bed attached to the rope with two pegs.

The 42-year-old, who already holds three records for other bizarre high-wire antics, said: "I'm very happy about my new world record, but I am also glad to feel the ground underneath my feet again."