Places for Children to learn to ride?

sailornwife

Is there any place you would recommend for teaching young children how to ride horses? Almost 3 year olds. Willing to travel if it is a great place.

Wait4It..boom

You also say "almost 3 yr olds". IMO 2 yrs is quite young to expect they will learn to ride. We have horses on our property and at 2/3 yrs, my kids were still learning to be just comfortable around them and the in's and out's of where to stand, etc. Even still, I couldn't trust my 2 year olds to understand and consistently know the 'rules' and expect them to do it. Although I held my daughter at 2 and 3 yrs old while she sat bareback on my horse while he ate or slept, she was not capable of learning to sit there herself. She's now 4 and starting to show she's interested in riding independently but I'm still not expecting much from her other than learning to be balanced. She might surprise me though.

nomoney

wow! I'm so glad you posted this! We have just started up a horse stable specializing in horses and very young children. ( 4 and under only!) These are special horses. They stand only 1.5 feet tall. We teach barrel racing, cow roping, and all the rodeo basics that will have your toddler competing with the best at the yearly county fair!

Please pm Kwillia with pricing and availability. (She is the general manager). She will be able to answer any questions you have.

sailornwife

Thank you guys!! She turns 3 in april but has been riding off and on since she was about 1 and a half. She loves horses But i have always been on them with her, unless they were really short and just slow walking. I can not wait. Thank you guys for your help.

fredsaid2

Thank you guys!! She turns 3 in april but has been riding off and on since she was about 1 and a half. She loves horses But i have always been on them with her, unless they were really short and just slow walking. I can not wait. Thank you guys for your help.

Three is pretty young, many places won't accept students under five with good reason. There are several recent threads with recommendations; A Moment in Time is one.

Duckz

wow! I'm so glad you posted this! We have just started up a horse stable specializing in horses and very young children. ( 4 and under only!) These are special horses. They stand only 1.5 feet tall. We teach barrel racing, cow roping, and all the rodeo basics that will have your toddler competing with the best at the yearly county fair!

Please pm Kwillia with pricing and availability. (She is the general manager). She will be able to answer any questions you have.

:tap:

Duckz

Three is pretty young, many places won't accept students under five with good reason. There are several recent threads with recommendations; A Moment in Time is one.

Agree, many places have a minimum age of 5 or 7. Some places might take a 4 yr old. But at that point its not really riding lessons, just pony rides. You could take the time to scout out local barns, meet the owners, let your kid see the horsies. Bobby at A Moment In Time has pony camp in the summer, call and see what he thinks :howdy:

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)
Is there any place you would recommend for teaching young children how to ride horses? Almost 3 year olds. Willing to travel if it is a great place.

Country Haven Stables is in Calvert Co. in St. Leonard. We have horse & ponies for Beginner thru Advance riders. If you are interested in coming out to see the facility or watch lessons please feel free to PM me. Or you could check out Country Haven Stables on Facebook. :howdy:

paintedpony1234

Horsey Girl
lessons

I have a farm in Hollywood, and we have ponies quiet enough that my nieces were showing them when they were 4 years old. I would take a young rider but only for leadline / unattached leadline until they were ready for more.

We do lessons on the weekends and will soon be expanding to do lessons during the week.

Hollywood Pony Farm

hollywoodponies@gmail.com

WePeeps

Viviane Fisher Flaherty On MacKall Rd in St Leonard. 410-610-4340. She has done tots in the past and would possibly consider it.