Places I can shoot

Lan

So I'm looking at buying a pistol, a .22LR most likely, but having never fired anything but a bbgun I'd be wanting to regularly get practice in firing it.

Are there any places that don't require base access where I can go to legally shoot?

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
Sanners lake..... but if I only had a .22 I just probably see if I someone I knew with a little bit of land would let me come set up some targets and shoot.

Lan

Sanners lake..... but if I only had a .22 I just probably see if I someone I knew with a little bit of land would let me come set up some targets and shoot.
ya, Sanners Lake seems like a lot of work with no guarantee of membership to become a member. And having pretty much zero background in handling firearms their website suggests that it would make it even more difficult for someone like me to get members to vouch for me since I'm a newbie. The only applicant requirement that I can easily meet is having no criminal background.

I wish I knew more people around here, but I don't know anyone with some land that I could ask to setup some targets for practice. Sigh. I guess now I have another excuse to wait to buy my first firearm until I move away from this firearm unfriendly state. I'll just have to put on hold learning to use a firearm for self defense and postpone exercising my 2nd amendment rights.

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
ya, Sanners Lake seems like a lot of work with no guarantee of membership to become a member. And having pretty much zero background in handling firearms their website suggests that it would make it even more difficult for someone like me to get members to vouch for me since I'm a newbie. The only applicant requirement that I can easily meet is having no criminal background.

I wish I knew more people around here, but I don't know anyone with some land that I could ask to setup some targets for practice. Sigh. I guess now I have another excuse to wait to buy my first firearm until I move away from this firearm unfriendly state. I'll just have to put on hold learning to use a firearm for self defense and postpone exercising my 2nd amendment rights.

No, don't do that, Myrtle Grove WMA is another prolly better option for you. Are you friends with anyone with firearms experience? Sounds like you are smart enough to know your limitations so I'm sure you'll do fine. Starting off with a .22= good idea. Recognizing that you may need some coaching to get started = good. Get that pistol now and make it happen, it could save your life you know.

somdshootnet

So I'm looking at buying a pistol, a .22LR most likely, but having never fired anything but a bbgun I'd be wanting to regularly get practice in firing it.

Are there any places that don't require base access where I can go to legally shoot?

Where are you located ?