places to trail ride

Eventer29

We are in Calvert, looking for more places to trail ride. We have been going to Maxwell Hall which is not even 10 min from our farm, OakRidge and Kings Landing. What else is available in the Southern Maryland area? We have not made it to Rosaryville yet for a trail ride, though we have been there many times for events. How are the trails there?

I

ilovemyappy

Calvert Cliffs is nice, it goes out to the bay. Only problem is they make you stick to the service road but that is not bad. St. Mary's Lake is really nice with great trails. Also there is Greenwell State Park, nice people.

bbtransp

bbtransp
At Calvert Cliffs, we've been riding the orange, white, and a portion of the red trails, not just the service road. Also, if you find a green Fuji camera, please call me.

StadEMS3

PREMO Member
St. Mary's River State park has a nice 7.5 mile trail around the lake. It's one trail though so you either do the whole thing or back track. I like Cedarville because there are many trails that interconnect so you can ride as little or as much as you want.

devinej

like the other post was saying, newtown neck state park sounds interesting.
there's some places to get permission - a moment in time farm and cremona.

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm
The mt. Victoria trailride is Sunday. This is a long scenic ride. Its private property open twice a year for the equestrian public.