Plague 2 - Stink of dead frogs

seekeroftruth

Exodus 7:25 Seven days passed after the Lord struck the Nile.
Exodus 8:1 Then the Lord said to Moses, “Go to Pharaoh and say to him, ‘This is what the Lord says: Let my people go, so that they may worship me. 2 If you refuse to let them go, I will send a plague of frogs on your whole country. 3 The Nile will teem with frogs. They will come up into your palace and your bedroom and onto your bed, into the houses of your officials and on your people, and into your ovens and kneading troughs. 4 The frogs will come up on you and your people and all your officials.’
5 Then the Lord said to Moses, "Tell Aaron, ‘Stretch out your hand with your staff over the streams and canals and ponds, and make frogs come up on the land of Egypt.’”
6 So Aaron stretched out his hand over the waters of Egypt, and the frogs came up and covered the land. 7 But the magicians did the same things by their secret arts; they also made frogs come up on the land of Egypt.
8 Pharaoh summoned Moses and Aaron and said, “Pray to the Lord to take the frogs away from me and my people, and I will let your people go to offer sacrifices to the Lord.”
9 Moses said to Pharaoh, “I leave to you the honor of setting the time for me to pray for you and your officials and your people that you and your houses may be rid of the frogs, except for those that remain in the Nile.”
10 “Tomorrow,” Pharaoh said.
Moses replied, “It will be as you say, so that you may know there is no one like the Lord our God. 11 The frogs will leave you and your houses, your officials and your people; they will remain only in the Nile.”
12 After Moses and Aaron left Pharaoh, Moses cried out to the Lord about the frogs he had brought on Pharaoh. 13 And the Lord did what Moses asked. The frogs died in the houses, in the courtyards and in the fields. 14 They were piled into heaps, and the land reeked of them. 15 But when Pharaoh saw that there was relief, he hardened his heart and would not listen to Moses and Aaron, just as the Lord had said.
Here's that link to chapter 8 commentary.

The frogs came up and covered the land of Egypt: Since the Egyptians worshipped the frog, God gave them a plague of frogs. We see both God’s determined plan and His sense of humor.​
And the magicians did so with their enchantments, and brought up frogs: The ability of the magicians to do the same with their enchantments points to a supernatural power present; this wasn’t the work of a skilled illusionist, this was occult power at work.​

For all their occult powers, all the magicians could do was make more frogs! They could only make the problem worse; yet their work gave Pharaoh an excuse to further harden his heart.​

So the LORD did according to the word of Moses: When Moses prayed, God answered — and all the frogs died. The understated description “the land stank” gives a hint at how nauseating it was.​

He hardened his heart: Even when Pharaoh’s plea was granted, his heart did not change — he hardened his heart — yet Pharaoh did just as God said he would.​
According to a search I did, tadpoles can feed on red algae. When they do, they grow in size. It's doesn't kill them. They thrive in some cases.

"Tadpoles feed on algae, helping keep our waterways clean, and they also compete with mosquito larvae; while frogs eat tonnes – literally, in many places – of invertebrates, including pest species. Adult frogs are also food for a huge number of mammals, birds and reptiles," she explains.​
It's so easy to see God did this. God picked frogs because Egyptians worshipped frogs. I bet God in Heaven said "You want a froggy goddess running fertility? Here, I'll show you some fertility!" It's all part of the plan.

Egyptians have a goddess with a frog head!

The Egyptian frog-headed goddess Heqet was the goddess of birth. Frogs were thought to be sacred and were not to be killed. That’s why Pharaoh could not ask his magicians to get rid of them. He was forced to seek help from Moses. Just to rub it in a bit more, Moses told Pharaoh to set the time. That forced Pharaoh to acknowledge that his goddess was impotent and that only Moses’ LORD God had the power to rescue his people.​
So, if the environmental conditions, which God controls, were perfect, there would be a terrific algae bloom all over Egypt. I had to figure that one out... I mean how does a wooden vessel get the red algae? Well, if the algae were in the water, in its unicellular state, it wouldn't be apparent to the naked eye or the tastebud... But then when the environmental conditions in the vessel were perfect, the bloom could very well take place in a wooden vessel. It's all in the plan.

So once the red algae were so plentiful, that would increase the viability of the tadpoles... which would increase the number of frogs. It's all part of the plan.

It's environmental, it calls for perfect conditions, and it's natural! Oh, and once the frogs had eaten all the algae, they would naturally die of starvation.

You would think that Pharaoh would have called on the frog-headed goddess to control her frog population... but nope... Pharaoh knew to blame it on Moses and Aaron. He knew they, and their God, had something to do with it.

I'm pretty sure, by this time Pharaoh was getting sick of Moses and Aaron. They were making him look bad. These two mere mortals were messing with his godliness!!! Who were they to call up plagues? They were way out of line!!!

Oh, what a stinky world Pharaoh had to endure. The stink of rotten frog must have been stomach turning. When his magicians showed him how frogs could multiply so quickly, it must have made his day. He could label it fake news and keep his godly stature.

It was all part of God's plan.

Plague 2 - Stink of dead frogs

:coffee: