Plague 6... Festering boils

seekeroftruth

Exodus 9: 8 Then the Lord said to Moses and Aaron, “Take handfuls of soot from a furnace and have Moses toss it into the air in the presence of Pharaoh. 9 It will become fine dust over the whole land of Egypt, and festering boils will break out on people and animals throughout the land.”
10 So they took soot from a furnace and stood before Pharaoh. Moses tossed it into the air, and festering boils broke out on people and animals. 11 The magicians could not stand before Moses because of the boils that were on them and on all the Egyptians. 12 But the Lord hardened Pharaoh’s heart and he would not listen to Moses and Aaron, just as the Lord had said to Moses.
Here's the link I use to get the commentary I use.

They caused boils that break out in sores on man and beast: As the third plague in this second set of three, this plague came without warning. This time, God chose not to mercifully give Pharaoh a previous opportunity to turn.​
The magicians could not stand before Moses because of the boils: This plague was probably directed against the Egyptian god Imhotep, who was said to be the god of medicine. Even those who were thought to be closest to the Egyptian gods (the court magicians) were stricken with this plague.​
The NIV Bible I have on line says "festering boils will break out". The KJV commentary I use says it's "boils that break out in sores".

Have you ever had a boil? It's a painful pussy spot that actually hurts. It's not like a little fly bite or mosquito bite at all. If you squeeze a boil, it causes real pain.

I did a search on the difference between a festering boil and a boil in a sore. I didn't find anything on that subject, but while I was looking, I found something else that horrified me.

Would you enjoy some boils on your groin? How about a boil on your tongue? That's what the Egyptians were dealing with. They didn't just get a little zit or bite on their leg or arm. Boils are nasty painful pussy infections upon an infection that erupt, painfully, pushing a hole in the skin that is keeping the puss inside the boil.

OK... so, the Bible says a fine dust was spread all over and then the boils broke out. I looked up the cause of boils... and according to the articles I read, boils are caused by bacteria and they break out in and on the nose.... the nose as well as other parts like the arms and armpits. How painful would a big ol' festering boil be once it got in the armpit? How about one where you wipe your butt?

AND if you scratch an itchy boil and then scratch your ass.... you will probably get a boil on your ass.

Boils are the product of Bacteria! A black dust turned dormant bacteria into a swarm of bacteria [like swarms of flies only much tinier and carried by the wind or on air] that spread nasty boils all over Egypt. These verses do not indicate that the Israelites in the Land of Goshen were spared from this plague.

Plague 6.... Festering boils

:coffee: