Planet Fitness and other chain gyms

NextJen

Raisin cane
The Planet Fitness in LaPlata is supposed to be opening on the 17th. I joined for the $10 a month deal. Been watching my diet and doing some minimal exercise since the beginning of the year. I’m down 7 pounds and have toned up some. Figured it was a minimal cost a month to be able to use their equipment as opposed to buying something (that I don’t have room for anyway) and then not using it. Hopefully if I decide it’s not for me I won’t have any problems cancelling.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
The Planet Fitness in LaPlata is supposed to be opening on the 17th. I joined for the $10 a month deal. Been watching my diet and doing some minimal exercise since the beginning of the year. I’m down 7 pounds and have toned up some. Figured it was a minimal cost a month to be able to use their equipment as opposed to buying something (that I don’t have room for anyway) and then not using it. Hopefully if I decide it’s not for me I won’t have any problems cancelling.
You're retired, right? Do you have a med program with Silver Sneakers (mine is thru CareFirst BC/BS) benefit? No cost membership to many gyms, with a low cost upgrade option to better options.

And no, it just happened to be named Silver Sneakers, no pun or relationship.....

NextJen

Raisin cane
You're retired, right? Do you have a med program with Silver Sneakers (mine is thru CareFirst BC/BS) benefit? No cost membership to many gyms, with a low cost upgrade option to better options.

And no, it just happened to be named Silver Sneakers, no pun or relationship.....
Yes, retired. Kept my gov’t health insurance when I stepped out, so I’ll look into that. Thanks!

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Good for you!!! 👍👍

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
....also - a toning up tip - you know how much I recommend the plank!!! Start out small... 5-10 seconds ...and even do them 3x a day... it adds up by the end of just 30 days!! 🥰

NextJen

Raisin cane
....also - a toning up tip - you know how much I recommend the plank!!! Start out small... 5-10 seconds ...and even do them 3x a day... it adds up by the end of just 30 days!! 🥰
I have been doing them off and on - low and high planks. Sets of 3 for 30-45 seconds each. I have noticed the difference. 🙂

eric14

I've lost 10 pounds the past 2 weeks under the influence of this COVID crud, which I do not mind.
Weight loss is great but that's a little dangerous.

Normally the best way to lose weight to make sure the weight loss isn't rapid or you might end up just getting it all back by accident.

DogWhisperer

If you get the Black Card just know that if you change your mind and go back to a regular membership they'll charge you a cancellation fee. I have a membership and have for the past year. I don't have a problem and work out 3-4 times per week. I don't need the tanning booth, water massage or any of the other goodies but the ability to work out at any gym in the nation is a plus but I wouldn't use it enough. I think annual renewal is $39.00 or so and the monthly is $10.00.