Planned Parenthood kept aborted babies alive to harvest organs, ex-technician says

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
In an undercover video released Wednesday, a former technician for a tissue-harvesting company details how an aborted baby was kept alive so that its heart could be harvested at a California Planned Parenthood facility, raising more legal questions about the group’s practices.

Holly O’Donnell, a former blood and tissue procurement technician for the biotech startup StemExpress, also said she was asked to harvest an intact brain from the late-term, male fetus whose heart was still beating after the abortion.

A StemExpress supervisor “gave me the scissors and told me that I had to cut down the middle of the face. And I can’t even describe what that feels like,” said Ms. O’Donnell, who has been featured in earlier videos by the Center for Medical Progress, a pro-life group that previously had released six undercover clips involving Planned Parenthood personnel and practices.

Hijinx

An abortion Doctor ( butcher) to his patient.
Carry this baby to full term so we can harvest it's organs
You don't want it anyway and we can use the parts.
No: Right now we aren't paying for the organs, but pretty soon we will.
We can't expect you to do this for nothing.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
Has something happened to make this more relevant than three years ago when this was published? Are you trying to infer Governor Northam was discussing this procedure as a followup to this three year old report?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I have no moral qualm about harvesting parts from unwanted babies so some real mother's child can live. I see no reason to throw away life-saving tissue.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...
I have no moral qualm about harvesting parts from unwanted babies so some real mother's child can live. I see no reason to throw away life-saving tissue.

I have no dog in this fight, however, as a you are a woman, and a mother, I would have thought you'd think differently.

"For a better understanding of what an abortion of a 20-week old fetus truly looks like, one can look to the 2006 documentary "Lake of Fire." In the film, a now-retired abortion doctor pours the contents of an abortion into a sifting tray in order to properly recover and examine the pieces."
"As the doctor inspects the body parts, he speaks calmly and casually to the camera operator about the the way in which he thinks the media portrays abortion, as well as the woman for whom the abortion was conducted:"

"The media attention is always directed for the fetus and the gory parts, if you will, of providing the procedure, when the really important thing is that we've been able to help this young lady get on with her life. She’s planning to go on to school, and she doesn't have to take over the responsibilities of parenting. Here, in just a very few minutes, we’re able to facilitate her decision to not be a parent at this time."

gary_webb

Damned glad to meet you
Consider this if you will. If babies are to be kept alive until their organs are ready to be harvested, they must be fed to keep them alive, and if fed they are going to grow. If the brain is intact this is going to become barbaric at some point, just like a real life Matrix.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I have no dog in this fight, however, as a you are a woman, and a mother, I would have thought you'd think differently.

Why? I know what abortion is and I certainly know what a fetus looks like at each stage and the exact development it goes through.

I also know that there are TONS of women out there who have no business raising a child, and I know that their child will most likely grow up to either drain or prey on society. If that woman wants to abort her future felon, that's okay by me. And if one of that aborted fetus' lungs or heart or something else can enable a wanted child who will be raised by loving parents to live, how can we be against that?

See, people talk about culling the herd, but nobody really wants to do it. Wouldn't that kid part be better served in the body of a future scientist or doctor or car mechanic or truck driver than a future drug dealer or child molester?

Auntie Biache'

Another slippery slope. If aborted babies can be kept alive long enough to harvest their organs, how long before breeding begins for the sole purpose of organ harvesting? I find this disturbing, and very dystopian.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Another slippery slope. If aborted babies can be kept alive long enough to harvest their organs, how long before breeding begins for the sole purpose of organ harvesting? I find this disturbing, and very dystopian.

Why would that be a problem?

Playing devil's advocate here. I'm skeeved out by abortion after the first trimester, and skeeved out at the idea of harvesting body parts. But logically and practically speaking, taking emotion out of it, what's the problem? Think of all the people who could benefit from a harvested body part.

Auntie Biache'

Why would that be a problem?

Playing devil's advocate here. I'm skeeved out by abortion after the first trimester, and skeeved out at the idea of harvesting body parts. But logically and practically speaking, taking emotion out of it, what's the problem? Think of all the people who could benefit from a harvested body part.

I can be fairly emotionless about a lot of things. I've been dubbed the cast iron bitch. But, I can't be emotionless about something like this. If a person dies of natural causes, or an accident, and they choose to donate their organs, that's one thing. Once again, we're talking about removing a human beings choice. I can't see the logic in creating life, with the express intent of destroying it.

Hijinx

How can anyone say a fetus is going to be a useless criminal and deserves to die so some woman who wants a baby can raise a child that might just as soon be a criminal. There are no guarantee's for how a child will turn out.There have been bastards who did great things and there have been the rich who did horrible things.

Each has the right to that chance. And what can i say about anyone who believes in the morality of raising farm babies for their organs.

That just aint right.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
How can anyone say a fetus is going to be a useless criminal

Probablility and statistics. Children raised in homes where the "parent" is a worthless POS are highly likely to become worthless POS themselves. Where do you think all those ghetto hoodlums come from - loving nurturing intact families who eat dinner together every night and read bedtime stories?

There are no guarantee's for how a child will turn out.

No, but there are strong indicators.

And what can i say about anyone who believes in the morality of raising farm babies for their organs.

Who said that? I thought I was clear in my intent.

Chris0nllyn

Wait a minute.

Guidelines for late-term abortions dictate not birthing a live fetus because doing so introduces doctors and medical staff to needing to intervene. In fact, 13 states have laws requiring an additional doctor be on hand should the fetus be born alive in order to treat the fetus.

If a late abortion was performed and a live fetus was born, doctors would care for it.

Also, California has laws specifically against late term abortions and some of the things she mentions.
The rights to medical treatment of an infant prematurely born alive in the course of an abortion shall be the same as the rights of an infant of similar medical status prematurely born spontaneously.

(a) It is unlawful for any person to use any aborted product of human conception, other than fetal remains, for any type of scientific or laboratory research or for any other kind of experimentation or study, except to protect or preserve the life and health of the fetus. “Fetal remains,” as used in this section, means a lifeless product of conception regardless of the duration of pregnancy. A fetus shall not be deemed to be lifeless for the purposes of this section, unless there is an absence of a discernible heartbeat.

To add to that, besides the obvious fact that she chose to work there, CA also has laws stating that:
(a) No employer or other person shall require a physician, a registered nurse, a licensed vocational nurse, or any other person employed or with staff privileges at a hospital, facility, or clinic to directly participate in the induction or performance of an abortion, if the employee or other person has filed a written statement with the employer or the hospital, facility, or clinic indicating a moral, ethical, or religious basis for refusal to participate in the abortion.

No such employee or person with staff privileges in a hospital, facility, or clinic shall be subject to any penalty or discipline by reason of his or her refusal to participate in an abortion. No such employee of a hospital, facility, or clinic that does not permit the performance of abortions, or person with staff privileges therein, shall be subject to any penalty or discipline on account of the person’s participation in the performance of an abortion in other than the hospital, facility, or clinic.

No employer shall refuse to employ any person because of the person’s refusal for moral, ethical, or religious reasons to participate in an abortion, unless the person would be assigned in the normal course of business of any hospital, facility, or clinic to work in those parts of the hospital, facility, or clinic where abortion patients are cared for. No provision of this article prohibits any hospital, facility, or clinic that permits the performance of abortions from inquiring whether an employee or prospective employee would advance a moral, ethical, or religious basis for refusal to participate in an abortion before hiring or assigning that person to that part of a hospital, facility, or clinic where abortion patients are cared for.

The refusal of a physician, nurse, or any other person to participate or aid in the induction or performance of an abortion pursuant to this subdivision shall not form the basis of any claim for damages.