Planning New Year's Dinner

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Got everything for a tray of manicotti and stuffed shells. NYE will be a spatchcocked cornish hen.

Just finished the last of the Christmas rib roast. Made a great hot sammich on garlic-butter toasted ciabatta with leftover gravy thinned a bit for dipping.

Lump

Got everything for a tray of manicotti and stuffed shells. NYE will be a spatchcocked cornish hen.

Just finished the last of the Christmas rib roast. Made a great hot sammich on garlic-butter toasted ciabatta with leftover gravy thinned a bit for dipping.
Your sandwich sounds awesome!!!

I am thinking Seafood for NYE. Crab Legs, Shrimp and such. We have the same dinner every New Year's. Pork, Black Eyed Peas and Kale or Collard Greens. I have been told I will die of poverty if not. Old southern tradition.

We also are not allowed to wash clothes on NY Day.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Your sandwich sounds awesome!!!

I am thinking Seafood for NYE. Crab Legs, Shrimp and such. We have the same dinner every New Year's. Pork, Black Eyed Peas and Kale or Collard Greens. I have been told I will die of poverty if not. Old southern tradition.

We also are not allowed to wash clothes on NY Day.
Our tradition is pork and sauerkraut on New Year's Day for good luck.

Lump

When my Mother was in the Hospital, on New Year's Day, we had to take a vile of juice from the black eyed peas and the greens just to be safe. She couldn't eat but she licked the juice. I remember her panic of making sure we got it to her.

Some traditions are hard to break!

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Not sure what I will have. I have filet, shrimp and crabcakes in TBE freezer.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
We have reservations at pier 450 for a late bday dinner for me. I was going to do filet mignon for the four of us but the LW wants to take me out.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
We have reservations at pier 450 for a late bday dinner for me. I was going to do filet mignon for the four of us but the LW wants to take me out.
I've never been big on going out for a meal on a holiday. Always waited too long and got a terrible seating time, or it was crowded or by the time we got served they were out of everything.... Might be different this year with the reduced seating, a more pleasant experience. Enjoy!

My parents had a New Year tradition that the first thing over the threshold after midnight was a bag of salt and a new broom. Not sure of the origins of that one, have to ask dad. I do know that if you went outside near midnight, you had to wait until after midnight and the salt/broom came in first, THEN you could go back in the house. I only made that faux pas once on a very cold, blustery NYE.

Louise

Not sure what I'm doing or having for NYE or NY day foods, yet. I know one thing for sure - I'm celebrating! :yahoo:

What are you celebrating? The attempted take over of our great Country by Communists? Just wondering. God bless the USA.

Louise

Should I have said that I have met you in person, and on this forum. I hope that means something awesome happened to you, personally. If so, celebrate. Otherwise, Our Country is in trouble.

PS...I started out on this forum ten years ago as mamatutu (mamaoftwo). I was beat up, and then banned by forum mommy because y’all are bf’s. Then I changed my name to littlelady (I am 5’2”), and I was beat up, again, for being, totally honest. My father always told me I was too honest for my own good. Then I changed my name, again, after my mother’s middle name; Louise. Just to set the record straight. Happy New Year.

Last edited:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Should I have said that I have met you in person, and on this forum. I hope that means something awesome happened to you, personally. If so, celebrate. Otherwise, Our Country is in trouble. Happy New Year.
Didn’t you forget something?

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Didn’t you forget something?