Planning on getting a puppy — dang PawPatrol!

UglyBear

PLease DO NOT buy a puppy from them. DO NOT!
That’s why I made this thread — the combined braintrust of SoMD can’t be beat!

thank you for the warning — I won’t now.

Would you care to elaborate what is the problem with the place? Pets, policies, people?

frequentflier

happy to be living
That’s why I made this thread — the combined braintrust of SoMD can’t be beat!

thank you for the warning — I won’t now.

Would you care to elaborate what is the problem with the place? Pets, policies, people?
They are known in the rescue world as "puppy flippers." They go south, bring a truck full of puppies back here and sell them like hot cakes. If you have to return the dog/pup for any reason, you have to pay them to return it. If you don't want to pay them, they tell you to take it to the shelter. This is not the norm for ANY rescue I know.
Also, many people have complained to me that the animals had health issues and or were not vetted. Amazing since the people that run this rescue own a pet clinic.

flowerlover

Last Chance Animal Rescue is near my house. There is ALWAYS a ton of cars in their parking lot out front - I bet well over 50 most days. I have wanted to go in and find out what the heck goes on there and if it's legit. The building itself wouldn't hold that many people, let alone with the animals. I think they must have other buildings, or outdoor shelters, further back on the property that you can't see from the road. But I've sure been curious what all goes on there to have so many cars parked that I can see, never mind what else is on the property..

frequentflier

happy to be living
Last Chance Animal Rescue is near my house. There is ALWAYS a ton of cars in their parking lot out front - I bet well over 50 most days. I have wanted to go in and find out what the heck goes on there and if it's legit. The building itself wouldn't hold that many people, let alone with the animals. I think they must have other buildings, or outdoor shelters, further back on the property that you can't see from the road. But I've sure been curious what all goes on there to have so many cars parked that I can see, never mind what else is on the property..
Having seen pictures of the inside with crates stacked on top of crates full of puppies, it was not pretty. Bet it doesn't smell pretty, either.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
As somebody who had a Dalmatian and small kids at the time, they don't make good family pet (in my opinion). They tend to be a "one person" dog and the others in the family may/may not be on the dog's sh*t list. Ours used to attack my husband daily because I was his (the dog's) person. The dog knew that I would slice his throat in a heartbeat if he touch the kids but I was still wary of something happening when the dog and kids were in close contact.