Play "Luck of the Draw" with Fast Stop Tag & Title (sponsored)

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I've been going to them ever since the MVA started requiring appointments. I just received 10% off my Jeep registration and vanity plates. It was a nice surprise. I only use MVA when I have a weird transaction and want immediate resolution to it. These folks are great! 👍

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
When I lived in SMC it was much easier and faster to run by Fast Stop than haul up to Ltown and take a number, then cool my heels for over an hour.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
When I lived in SMC it was much easier and faster to run by Fast Stop than haul up to Ltown and take a number, then cool my heels for over an hour.
I've had Fast Stop take care of the titling and registration of probably 25 vehicles over 30 years. It's NOT the convenience that I put the value on, although that's not insignificant as a factor, it's the total lack of the "ah ha!!..gotcha..that signature is missing the middle initial,,,no title for you, come back again..see ya..wah ha haaa!" mentality that has always characterized the MVA behavior. They always reveled in finding a way to fawk your mission up.

That and...back in the day, it meant a trip to Glen Burnie or Wadlorf to get the "sorry..yr fawked..next!!" treatment. Before they built the Loveville facility. By the time the Loveville MVA opened I was a permanent customer of Marylynn's and never looked back.

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I've had Fast Stop take care of the titling and registration of probably 25 vehicles over 30 years. It's NOT the convenience that I put the value on, although that's not insignificant as a factor, it's the total lack of the "ah ha!!..gotcha..that signature is missing the middle initial,,,no title for you, come back again..see ya..wah ha haaa!" mentality that has always characterized the MVA behavior. They always reveled in finding a way to fawk your mission up.

That and...back in the day, it meant a trip to Glen Burnie or Wadlorf to get the "sorry..yr fawked..next!!" treatment. Before they built the Loveville facility. By the time the Loveville MVA opened I was a permanent customer of Marylynn's and never looked back.

When I first moved to MD I had to go to Waldorf to register my car and get a new license. I kid you not, it took me three trips because each time they were like, "Mmmm...nah...you need something else...." I even called before I went the first time, told them what I wanted to do, and the DB gave me a list. An incomplete list. Second trip, I asked what else I needed and wrote down what the DB told me. Third trip they still wanted to give me a hard time and some supervisor came over and said I had everything I needed, give me my freaking license and registration.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
When I first moved to MD I had to go to Waldorf to register my car and get a new license. I kid you not, it took me three trips because each time they were like, "Mmmm...nah...you need something else...." I even called before I went the first time, told them what I wanted to do, and the DB gave me a list. An incomplete list. Second trip, I asked what else I needed and wrote down what the DB told me. Third trip they still wanted to give me a hard time and some supervisor came over and said I had everything I needed, give me my freaking license and registration.
Exactly. The low-level window clerks at MVA have always been unsupervised and free-lancing, and allowed to treat us as a game..something to provide some amusement from their boring existence. And none of them..not one..are actually going to take responsibility for their bullsh!T. "Oh...who told you that?...well she was wrong....."

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
When I absolutely HAVE to go to MVA, I make sure I've scoured their website for any and all little gotcha loopholes that may arise and take a binder full of documents with me.

DannyMotorcycle

I've gone to the MVA on two occasions were the idiot clerk told me my real title was fake. I go back a second time after making sure it all checks out, ready to prove it's real and the next clerk accepts them no problem. I don't recall the details the first time, but the second time, SC DMV for whatever reason didn't have the title in the national system, and an email got them to add it in.. but the clerk could have just called them and said "hey do you have this title in your system" to resolve it but didn't.. and she seems to be bad at dates and thought the title i had was before the date of the last title in the system, and it wasn't. I'm wonder if there is even a basic test before they give you the job..

Grumpy

Never trust the MVA..always get a name of the person you talk to. They effed me over during the covid bs where I had to renew my license and get the "Real ID"..Talked to them twice over the phone, was told I was good until such-n-such date and got an appointment. I go to the appointment and get told my license was expired, I said I know but I was told twice by you (MVA) that I was good until such-n-such date due to the covid bs. They didn't budge and I had to retake the written and driving test.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Never trust the MVA..always get a name of the person you talk to. They effed me over during the covid bs where I had to renew my license and get the "Real ID"..Talked to them twice over the phone, was told I was good until such-n-such date and got an appointment. I go to the appointment and get told my license was expired, I said I know but I was told twice by you (MVA) that I was good until such-n-such date due to the covid bs. They didn't budge and I had to retake the written and driving test.
That's what irritates the heck outa me about the MVA and similar "service" entities staffed by state employees. Individually, they constantly screw up, as a rule, but are never, ever going to admit that or take any responsibility for it. I swear that some of them just make up sh!t while you are sitting in front of them.... St. Mary's Country LUGM was famous for the "hip shots" they take too....one guy there especially.

I will say that I've never had any issues like that with DNR..to date they've been the exception to the rule.