Playing "chicken" with politicians

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I was always good at playing "chicken" - nerves of steel, man. Or maybe just stupid, but I prefer to call it courage. And honestly, humans are largely cowards so if you stand your ground it's a safe bet that they'll back down no matter how Billy Badass they present themselves.

So I'm thinking about how we outnumber our Billy Badass politicians exponentially, yet we perceive them to have all the power, and therefore we are scared to stand up to them. They threaten us with arrest, and fines, and violence, and destroying our very way of life.....and we cower before them because we really haven't thought this through.

They can't arrest us all. They can't teargas us all. They can't impose fines that we refuse to pay. They whine about Jan 6 but if we really wanted to take over the Capitol bldg, or even the White House, there's not a lot they could do about it. If we wanted to storm the Bastille and put their heads on a pike, there is literally nothing they could do to stop us.

As it stands, we're chicken. They push, we push back, they push harder, and we chicken out. We've been domesticated to the point that we'll put up with all manner of subjugation rather than move our ass off the couch. But there will come a time when We the People have truly had enough.....

I'm thinking in particular about the reinstatement of lockdowns and mask mandates. What if we all simply refuse? Tell them to piss up a rope and go about our normal lives? What are they gonna do, arrest us all? Have Twitter trolls call us names?

I'm not advocating violence (unless they start it), I'm simply saying that this power play of theirs only happens in cities/states where the populace is chicken. You shoulda seen them in New Braunfels and Branson when lockdowns and mask mandates were in play last year. The people were like, "Yeah, **** you," and largely went about their business. Finally the overlords had to chicken out. They "officially repealed" a mandate that nobody was abiding by anyway. "Okay, you can go back to your normal lives..." "Gee, thanks, Boss. :yawn: "

There is historical precedent - both globally and in the US - of the citizenry getting fed up and staging a revolt. Sometimes they don't have the stomach for it and they chicken out, but many times they succeed in overthrowing their overlords and taking their country back. In fact, politicians and kings and dictators are such whiny little bitches beneath their Billy Badass exteriors and command of armies that they bail rather quickly, especially when said armies and other enforcers mutiny and join the revolution.

Will it come to that here in the US? I hope not, but our overlords are becoming more and more emboldened and with the invention of "delta variant" and threats of more oppression, it's not looking good.

Hijinx

They aren't always playing chicken.
There are people in the DC jail who wish they had chickened out.
IMO that is the greatest travesty of this whole thing.
Peoples lives have been destroyed, one man has lost his eye these people have not had a trial and they are under political arrest and who knows when they will get a trial? I wish there was gong to be a 24 hr. a day march around DC jail until these people are released, I don't mind working at it on the 3 to 5 AM shift.

Hijinx

Or they could wish that more people were courageous and would stand up to these fascists.

There were a lot more people at the capitol than these that are in jail, and 591 people have been charged with various and sundry violation of one law or another, so there was a pretty good crowd there. But IMO most were really not courageous most were just caught up in the tide.
Pelosi has made a travesty of this issue with her charges of insurrection. IMO ANTIFA and perhaps some of the Proud boys instigated this and did the damage while most of those there just got caught in the pile. How many of the instigators are in jail or being charged?

It is time we stood up to Pelosi and her sheep in the House. No doubt of that.

Bayscrapper

Haven't you ever heard of voting? Or running for office?

Or moving to a dictatorship where it seems you might be happier?

Bayscrapper

There were a lot more people at the capitol than these that are in jail, and 591 people have been charged with various and sundry violation of one law or another, so there was a pretty good crowd there. But IMO most were really not courageous most were just caught up in the tide.
Pelosi has made a travesty of this issue with her charges of insurrection. IMO ANTIFA and perhaps some of the Proud boys instigated this and did the damage while most of those there just got caught in the pile. How many of the instigators are in jail or being charged?

It is time we stood up to Pelosi and her sheep in the House. No doubt of that.

Because they werent there. Don't you think out of almost 600 a couple BLM or Aantifa would have been arrested?

How can you say from one side of your mouth this was a spontaneous event that happened because people listening to the speeches were angry and marched to the Capitol yet its also true that Antifa and BLM coordinated ahead of time to lure these poor Maga patriots into incriminating themselves?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Don't you think out of almost 600 a couple BLM or Aantifa would have been arrested?

Sure, just like they were arrested for torching cities and looting stores and killing unarmed black business owners and beating people in the streets right in front of cops.

Oh....wait.....

Your lala land cult programming is irritating.

Hijinx

How can you be so well informed about a police officer who was assaulted and not know about the ANTIFA that were present.
Ya know what you aren't that stupid and I know it. You know about their presence there all right and you are now a known purveyor of untruths, and you go back in the Ignore section with you other lying titles.

AMF

CPUSA

Haven't you ever heard of voting? Or running for office?

Or moving to a dictatorship where it seems you might be happier?
You should probably STFU and go away. Apparently, you're too damned stupid to fully recognize what actually took place last Nov. 3

Idiot...

TPD

the poor dad
They aren't always playing chicken.
There are people in the DC jail who wish they had chickened out.
IMO that is the greatest travesty of this whole thing.
Peoples lives have been destroyed, one man has lost his eye these people have not had a trial and they are under political arrest and who knows when they will get a trial? I wish there was gong to be a 24 hr. a day march around DC jail until these people are released, I don't mind working at it on the 3 to 5 AM shift.
^^ this right here ^^
We have been shown what will be done to us if we rise up. It pisses me off that these guys are still in jail for doing nothing but walking thru the Capitol- no bond, no hearing, no court case, no elected representative standing up for them.

I’ve had numerous conversations lately about just what vrai said. We have to do something but I learned during my ordeal with mean girl that Most people are all talk And no action. How many people on these very forums said yeah I don’t agree with the lockdowns and mandates but I’m going along to get along - don’t wanna make a scene in the store or get anyone in trouble.

I want to do something but don’t know what. I keep going back to Jan 6th and the effort the FBI put into finding as many people as they could and put in jail. Vrai keeps saying they can’t arrest us all. Well they damn near arrested everyone in the Capitol on Jan 6th. Everyone says you have to start at the local level. I’ve tried that - we did 2 protests in Leonardtown in March/April to try to get Brewster fired. Less than 15 people showed up. Brewster still has her job. I think more pressure needs to be put on our Sherriff because of his enforcement of health department edicts. I’ve talked to my elected officials and others about this but there is no interest. So ok now what? I’ve always been a rebel, since my teen years, but what I’ve learned is people talk a big game and when I make the move and then turn around to see who is behind me it is usually no one!

So give me some ideas on what to do. If I organize something based on your ideas you better damn well be there behind me to support the cause - Don’t leave me hanging out there like a big matzah ball!!

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

^^ this right here ^^
We have been shown what will be done to us if we rise up. It pisses me off that these guys are still in jail for doing nothing but walking thru the Capitol- no bond, no hearing, no court case, no elected representative standing up for them.

I’ve had numerous conversations lately about just what vrai said. We have to do something but I learned during my ordeal with mean girl that Most people are all talk And no action. How many people on these very forums said yeah I don’t agree with the lockdowns and mandates but I’m going along to get along - don’t wanna make a scene in the store or get anyone in trouble.

I want to do something but don’t know what. I keep going back to Jan 6th and the effort the FBI put into finding as many people as they could and put in jail. Vrai keeps saying they can’t arrest us all. Well they damn near arrested everyone in the Capitol on Jan 6th. Everyone says you have to start at the local level. I’ve tried that - we did 2 protests in Leonardtown in March/April to try to get Brewster fired. Less than 15 people showed up. Brewster still has her job. I think more pressure needs to be put on our Sherriff because of his enforcement of health department edicts. I’ve talked to my elected officials and others about this but there is no interest. So ok now what? I’ve always been a rebel, since my teen years, but what I’ve learned is people talk a big game and when I make the move and then turn around to see who is behind me it is usually no one!

So give me some ideas on what to do. If I organize something based on your ideas you better damn well be there behind me to support the cause - Don’t leave me hanging out there like a big matzah ball!!
I once read about something called a habeas corpus. Not too sure what it was all about. But apparently at the time it was pretty important.

black dog

Free America

Attachments

• e5450ab6d8bc03a073c5b07f2876b35959f266bf42a57759c3fb21ec85d35dad_large.jpeg
    e5450ab6d8bc03a073c5b07f2876b35959f266bf42a57759c3fb21ec85d35dad_large.jpeg
    51.4 KB · Views: 41

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I’ve always been a rebel, since my teen years, but what I’ve learned is people talk a big game and when I make the move and then turn around to see who is behind me it is usually no one!

I feel ya.

Historically, you have to be willing to hang. Regret that you have but one life to give for your country, yadda yadda. Most people aren't going to do that, but historically most people didn't do it either - it was a small cadre of revolutionaries that overthrew dictators while the citizenry cowered in their hovels.

But honestly, this isn't the first time the US has been in this situation, and I'm not even talking about the Revolutionary War or any of that. We have had corrupt politicians and tyrants since our country was born. We've had yellow journalism since mass communication was invented. What's happening right now in this country is nothing new, it's just now it's happening to us and not our ancestors. Also we have mass communication for everyday goobers to spew their idiocy. No doubt if there were Twitter back in the 60s or the 30s or the 1860s we'd look at those tweets and be like, "JC, you freaking people!"

One thing to remember:

The chaos and tyranny is largely happening in major metro areas, so that's where the revolution must start. Places like PCB and New Braunfels and Branson and Lincoln and Rapid City aren't experiencing lockdowns and masking and political tyranny, so they're not going to be inclined to take up the fight on behalf of Chicago, SF, and NYC. I know I wouldn't. I'll stand my ground to defend my home, but I'll die and go to Hell before I'll lift a finger for some dumbshit in Baltimore who will not only not appreciate it, they'll actively work against me because they WANT to be wards of the state.

Given that, there's a large part of me that's like, "Good. That's what those people deserve." Unfortunately that sort of thing has a way of spreading, and now we're seeing fascists like AOC, who reps a tiny little burg of no consequence, having a major voice in our government thanks to her promoters in the Marxist media. And we have a "President" who is a puppet of the Marxists and does the bidding of those who want to destroy our country.

Bayscrapper

Sure, just like they were arrested for torching cities and looting stores and killing unarmed black business owners and beating people in the streets right in front of cops.

Oh....wait.....

Your lala land cult programming is irritating.

So there were no arrests during the BLM protests?. By your logic 100's of Maga's should have been arrested during those protests

You are argument makes no sense

DC police made far more arrests at the height of Black Lives Matter protests than during the Capitol clash