Playoff scenrio

Dondi

Dondi
Am I to understand that if the Redskins beat Philly next week, they're in as division winners?

Grumpy

Am I to understand that if the Redskins beat Philly next week, they're in as division winners?

Or, to put it another way, if they win, they are 1st round fodder. Surprise me, Skins!!

They have made huge progress this year, but if they weren't in the NFC East, they would be dead in the water. I am just happy they are moving forward in becoming a better team, we will see how much they have progressed next year when they play something other than a last place schedule. It's been a fairly enjoyable year, even tho I expected 6 or 7 wins, never in my wildest dreams did I think they would be battling for the division during late December.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Or, to put it another way, if they win, they are 1st round fodder. Surprise me, Skins!!

They have made huge progress this year, but if they weren't in the NFC East, they would be dead in the water. I am just happy they are moving forward in becoming a better team, we will see how much they have progressed next year when they play something other than a last place schedule. It's been a fairly enjoyable year, even tho I expected 6 or 7 wins, never in my wildest dreams did I think they would be battling for the division during late December.

It's been interesting. Going into camp still stuck on Snyder's RGIII experiment, Gruden, presumably, putting it all on the line, let me play Kirk or let me go, the lines taking time to to come around, the injuries, the solid start, even in the loss to Miami, the kinda bouncing around thing, the entire thing hinging on the come back against Tampa. I mean, they lose that game, then what?

So, yeah, the beauty of football, this thing going right, that thing coming around, a play here, a play there, and all of a sudden, we're .500 late in the season.

There is no argument to be made that this team is on the cusp of being really good. They are just the latest worst to first act. Yet, Kirk, a few more pieces, it's no fluke that he's about 70% comps and it is simply that you HAVE to play to learn to make the better decision in the moment.

Cautiously optimistic.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Cousins only started to get better when he had a chance to play. They way he's playing now, esp. with Jackson back in the lineup, they probably win vs. Miami & Atl. They should have beaten the cowboys the first time around, but that rivalry always brings out the best in the underdog. Win next week and they are home for a playoff game. It's pretty simple at this point. Win & you're in.