Plea Deal For Woman Who Had Sex With 8-Year-Old

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
The only thing I would let her plea for was her life right before I tortured and then killed her sick azz.

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
the plea agreement... calls for Imre to serve less than 10 years, the mandatory minimum sentence for first-degree sexual assault.

"She should be out of jail in a relatively short period of time," Papcsy said. "She'll still be a young woman. I think it's a good resolution of the case."
Obviously a win for society!

Oh... no it's not. She is winning and countless more kids will be in harm's way. That's it.

This case illustrates something I don't understand: why accept a plea if you have enough evidence to win a trial? Maybe the prosecutor is an idiot and accepts whatever comes across his/her desk?

itsbob

I bowl overhand
OK, I know I REALLY don't, but my curiosity is beggin to see a picture of this woman.. I've got a mental picture, and want to see if I'm right!!

terbear1225

hvp05 said:
Obviously a win for society!
why accept a plea if you have enough evidence to win a trial?

because trials are expensive. i don't agree with the practice but i understand why someone might think it's a good idea.

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
terbear1225 said:
because trials are expensive.
I would think most taxpayers would support sending this one to prosecution. I could be wrong though; I don't know what breed of folks live in Bridgeport, CT.

terbear1225

i agree with you. but just imagine the mess it would make of things if taxpayers could vote on which cases went to trial and which didn't.