PLEASE DON’T GO!

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
From Chicago: Mayor Lightfoot Pleads With Walmart, Other Retailers To Not Abandon Chicago.

Mayor Lightfoot said she’s hopeful major retailers will reopen the Chicago stores that were looted or otherwise damaged during protests surrounding George Floyd’s killing by police in Minnesota. But, she’s unsure of one of the biggest.
Mayor Lightfoot said she was on a conference call with Walmart and other major retailers that had stores looted or heavily damaged during the unrest in Chicago. She said she pleaded with them to not abandon Chicago.
Why, exactly, would major retailers choose to rebuild and re-open stores that were burned to the ground or otherwise destroyed by rioters? What is there in the current response to riots by big city politicians that provides any assurance that the same thing won’t happen again? If you owned a store in an area that was destroyed by rioters, would you invest more money in the same location? Why?

Here is another instance, Louisville, as reported in Salon: “As groceries board up amid protests, food inequality worsens for communities of color.”

This Kroger, which is located in Russell, one of Louisville’s historically Black neighborhoods, is one of the only grocery stores accessible to residents in the city’s West End.
It had been boarded up Monday in anticipation of protests and potential looting. By early Tuesday, a video began circulating of multiple people running through a side door, pushing carts of items. The Courier Journal reported rounds of gunfire can be heard in the background. The nearby Chase ATM was broken into, as well, as the video shows a group pulling money from the damaged machine.
Obviously a great place to be doing business.

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2020/06/please-dont-go.php

Auntie Biache'

We were seeing that here last year. People were complaining about Kroger leaving an area of Macon because they were losing so much money from theft. Stay! So we can continue to rip you off. Sorry, if you're gonna' rip me off, you're gonna' have to go out of your way.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Every business in these burning shitholes of strife need to tell their elected officials and the community that allowed the riots to #### off!

CPUSA

Hell, the insurance rate hikes alone are probably causing them to shutter their stores in certain locales...

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Haven't you seen these videos where protesters tell the store owner that he's insured, so he should put the gun away?
Kid thinks he has a RIGHT to destroy the shop.

I have seen elected officials tell store owners that they are insured and shouldn't protect their property or livelihood.

I'm like, "Great! Then I'll come over and burn your house down, torch your car. You're insured, right?"

Hijinx

When you factor in what it costs these establishments to police their stores and the merchandise they already lose to theft when there is no riot ,and then their increases in insurance it would be stupid of them to stay.

But they will.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
When you factor in what it costs these establishments to police their stores and the merchandise they already lose to theft when there is no riot ,and then their increases in insurance it would be stupid of them to stay.

But they will.

I'm guessing what will happen is they'll raise prices to the rest of us to offset their losses in the urban shitholes.

officeguy

Funny.

No Walmart ---> 'Food desert'
With Walmart ---> exploitative capitalists who put all the poor bodega owners out of business
No Walmart --> 'Food desert'

Make up your ****ing mind.