Please dont use poison to kill mice or rats

dawn

New Member
I saw this today and it is something I have never thought about and is actually very sad!
____________
I died today.
I was found by a kind, sweet woman who does wildlife rescue.
I was so sick, I could barely open my eyes.
She took me inside, cradling me in her warm arms, and made me warm and comfortable.
I opened my eyes and looked at her and thanked her for making my last few minutes as comfortable as possible.
But i was too sick to keep fighting anymore.
I had eaten a mouse that was poisoned, and it made me very sick.
I closed my yellow eyes for the last time and went somewhere else.
please, all I ask is never use poison to kill the mice.
poison kills owls, like me.
All I wanted was a mouse for dinner.
I died today....
</3
Please SHARE this for poison awareness.
Stop the use of poison for rats or mice.
Please.
Save a precious life today.
it only takes one share to spread the word.
 

Attachments

RPMDAD

Well-Known Member
dawn, thanks for the post, have never used poison. Hopefully other people will see this and quit using it if they do. The like was for the message you are sending out to people to quit using poison.
 
Last edited:

mamatutu

mama to two
dawn, that pic made me tear up. Thanks for posting to make people aware. I never made the connection, either. We/our pest control co. uses those sticky box traps, so at least I know a mouse/hopefully not rat! never gets out to kill another creature.
 

mAlice

professional daydreamer
I saw this today and it is something I have never thought about and is actually very sad!
____________
I died today.
I was found by a kind, sweet woman who does wildlife rescue.
I was so sick, I could barely open my eyes.
She took me inside, cradling me in her warm arms, and made me warm and comfortable.
I opened my eyes and looked at her and thanked her for making my last few minutes as comfortable as possible.
But i was too sick to keep fighting anymore.
I had eaten a mouse that was poisoned, and it made me very sick.
I closed my yellow eyes for the last time and went somewhere else.
please, all I ask is never use poison to kill the mice.
poison kills owls, like me.
All I wanted was a mouse for dinner.
I died today....
</3
Please SHARE this for poison awareness.
Stop the use of poison for rats or mice.
Please.
Save a precious life today.
it only takes one share to spread the word.
I posted it to FB.
 

dawn

New Member
How would mice that we poison in our house end up outside for owls to eat?
I am not sure how fast it the poison takes to kill them. When I first moved in my house, we had mice that would come in from time to time, they never stayed the whole day. I caught them coming in through the vent on my gas fireplace.

My guess is if it takes a little while to actually kill them after they eat it, then they can make it back outside before they die. Also many businesses, have those big black boxes outside that have poison in them, I am sure many wildlife are killed that way too.
 

sockgirl77

Well-Known Member
I am not sure how fast it the poison takes to kill them. When I first moved in my house, we had mice that would come in from time to time, they never stayed the whole day. I caught them coming in through the vent on my gas fireplace.

My guess is if it takes a little while to actually kill them after they eat it, then they can make it back outside before they die. Also many businesses, have those big black boxes outside that have poison in them, I am sure many wildlife are killed that way too.
We always found the dead mice. God, I can remember my ex-employer putting Decon in the attic. A few weeks later there was a stench throughout the office. We called an exterminator. He told us that we had a dead mouse in the wall. I was pregnant at the time and my sense of smell was heightened. I went out on maternity leave a few days later.
 

cricketmd

Member
We always found the dead mice. God, I can remember my ex-employer putting Decon in the attic. A few weeks later there was a stench throughout the office. We called an exterminator. He told us that we had a dead mouse in the wall. I was pregnant at the time and my sense of smell was heightened. I went out on maternity leave a few days later.
Yes, but you don't know how many mice there were total that got the poison and those that carried it back outside. :shrug: Trust me, the owl that died more than likely probalby didnt go in someone's house and retrieve the mouse. :lol: It went back out after being poisoned or a trap was set up outside. As for the stench, I've smelt that smell its awful! I had one crawl up in an oven to get warm and then it got cooked... baked mouse smelled horrible.
 

lovinmaryland

Well-Known Member
We always found the dead mice. God, I can remember my ex-employer putting Decon in the attic. A few weeks later there was a stench throughout the office. We called an exterminator. He told us that we had a dead mouse in the wall. I was pregnant at the time and my sense of smell was heightened. I went out on maternity leave a few days later.
Certain poison literally dries up their system so the leave your house in search of water and die outside.
 

Misfit

Lawful neutral
They're not poisoness. They just don't work except for anything other than practical jokes. :lol:

I used to catch mice on them all the time. They called them humane but I think lying on a sticky trap, pooping all over myself then dying from dehydration doesn’t seem very humane so I bought regular spring traps instead. :yay:
 

sockgirl77

Well-Known Member
I used to catch mice on them all the time. They called them humane but I think lying on a sticky trap, pooping all over myself then dying from dehydration doesn’t seem very humane so I bought regular spring traps instead. :yay:
:lol:
 
Top