Please leave your dog home

Kinnakeet

Dogs have no place in public stores they are all nasty hairy creatures that lick there own bung hole and pink pencil and sniff their own sh!t and then want to lick you as their owner tells you their mouth is cleaner than ours what kind of crap is that when i just seen your dog lick his sack.

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
What they typically mean by that is you can't leave them outside unattended. You'd be surprised at the number of people set up little pens or try to leave their dog chained up outside when they go somewhere for the day.

We haven't run into too many campgrounds that have a 1 dog policy. A couple of them, but it doesn't seem to be the norm. Also a few of them have breed restrictions - no Pits or Rotties, etc. - because they've had problems with that type of dog (read: the owner is an ass) in the past.

Gotcha. I only looked at one or 2. I'm sure we'd end up going where our friends with campers go anyways so i'd have to check those places out i guess. I've only found one hotel not care about the # of dogs or weight limit. That's in O.C. but I'm kind of over going there.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Recently there were campers here that had 6 dogs with them. They set up a pen outside. The owner would sit in his lounge chair while the dogs frolicked in the pen. They were all the same breed of dog. Not very big dogs. Across the way the dog would jump up on the dashboard and territory bark at anyone passing by. I'm sure the owners were gone when the pooch was doing this. For the most part, campground dogs are well behaved. We see them all the time. The added bonus is now many of the better campgrounds provide a decent dog park. They are roomy and often include balls and toys you can throw. Pet bathing areas are starting to show up at many places. They are free to use and provide a blow dryer along with a bathing area. The Beverly Hills campground even had a dedicated washer and dryer for pet bedding but I've never saw that anywhere else. Maybe they will start a trend. By doing this they prevent people that have allergies from exposure to pet hairs in the washers and dryers.

mitzi

Right, but wouldn't the disability act also cover people who are allergic to dogs? Peanuts have been removed from schools, airplanes, and other venues to accommodate those with allergies; what about people who are allergic to animals? Why wouldn't they be considered?

I meant legit service dogs for a real disability, not these nut jobs who claim it's a service dog. They should be required to show proof it's a legit service animal. I've always loved my pets but have I ever wanted to drag them everywhere with me? No. They do not belong in a store or anywhere that serves food.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Many places of business can nip these activities right in the bud by asking these two (legally allowed) questions on whether or not to allow a "service" dog into or onto their property:
(1) Is the dog a service animal required because of a disability? and (2) What work or task has the dog been trained to perform?
The owner of the "service" dog must answer these in a satisfactory manner. If they cannot, then they should be prohibited from being allowed access. If the dog is just a "therapy" dog, they can be outright denied from entry. Emotional support, therapy, comfort, or companion animals are not "service" dogs, or animals and as such hold no special accommodative legal status.

calvcopf

Service dogs should require a type of license or certification before they could be allowed in all public places.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I meant legit service dogs for a real disability, not these nut jobs who claim it's a service dog. They should be required to show proof it's a legit service animal. I've always loved my pets but have I ever wanted to drag them everywhere with me? No. They do not belong in a store or anywhere that serves food.

Like I said, I don't take Apollo around with me but that's because he's a nuisance and doesn't act right when there's food involved. But if some pooch is sitting next to me at a restaurant or bar, I don't mind as long as they're behaving themselves. Children are typically way more unruly and annoying than dogs. Marathon Publix was a doggie mecca, and not one time did I see one of them throw themselves on the floor in a screaming fit, or cry loudly because they couldn't have a treat, or run up and down the aisles knocking things over.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Service dogs should require a type of license or certification before they could be allowed in all public places.

That's what we're talking about - you can get a service dog certification on the internet for a few bucks, no questions asked.

You'd think people would be embarrassed to drag their pooch around as a fake service dog when it's clear they are no such thing.

BernieP

Resident PIA
I think there is.

I'm sure it was an "emotional support" animal though.

To make it clear I have absolutely no problem with real service animals.

People who train service dogs are not happy with the frauds who go out and buy a vest for their pet that says they are a service dog but have not been trained.
Those animals are a danger to themselves and people around them. You don't know what my set them off.

LOL - I see someone had a similar idea, I was going to get a boa constrictor and tell people it was my emotional support snake, it gives great hugs.

littlelady

God bless the USA
63DBB799-E496-4A81-ABCB-491E86543288.jpg
Dogs have no place in public stores they are all nasty hairy creatures that lick there own bung hole and pink pencil and sniff their own sh!t and then want to lick you as their owner tells you their mouth is cleaner than ours what kind of crap is that when i just seen your dog lick his sack.

Wow. Do you know how dirty grocery stores really are? My son works for one, and could tell you some stories. The first thing I do is to use the antiseptic wipes when I enter, and use them when I leave, and have a back up in my purse. Just to let you know, dogs, as a rule, don’t spread disease. It is the sick/contagious humans that enter the store; not their dogs. Daisy and Toby say ‘hi’.

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

This post gave me my best laugh today. :lol:

glhs837

Power with Control

Isn't that the distinction, service animals as opposed to support animals? Service being certified and support being a BS excuse.