Please Shut Down The Gov.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Now House Dems Are Threatening to Shut Down the Government Over Statues

The Democrats are also demanding that plaques and markers that honor people with “unambiguous records of racial intolerance” be removed as well.

The move is a political ploy to force Republicans into an uncomfortable political position while displaying their racial bona fides to the mob.

Politico:

Requiring the removal of Confederate statues in the Capitol almost certainly sinks the bill’s chances of becoming law before government funding runs out at the end of the fiscal year on Sept. 30.
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi has pushed for the removal of statues amid nationwide protests against systemic racism and police brutality. But Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell has said the fate of the markers should be up to states that donated them.
“Every state is allowed two statues. They can trade them out any time,” McConnell told reporters last month. “A number of states are trading them out now, but I think that’s the appropriate way to deal with the statue issue. The states make that decision.”

OmyGawd

Personally I think we ought to fire the whole lot of them and start again with a bunch who have some common sense and brains. However those would be awful hard to find, especially if the want to go through the horsesh!* that comes with public service these days.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Personally I think we ought to fire the whole lot of them and start again with a bunch who have some common sense and brains.

IMHO

ANYONE who wants to be a congress man / president are the very people we should never allow anywhere near the gov.

I'd rather entrust the government of the United States to the first 400 people listed in the Boston telephone directory than to the faculty of Harvard University.

William F. Buckley, Jr.

or 435 people chosen at random appropriately from their respective states

Scat

Now House Dems Are Threatening to Shut Down the Government Over Statues

The Democrats are also demanding that plaques and markers that honor people with “unambiguous records of racial intolerance” be removed as well.

The move is a political ploy to force Republicans into an uncomfortable political position while displaying their racial bona fides to the mob.

Politico:
Mitch is never gonna learn how to control people, why does he always have to be difficult with nancy and her crew?

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I loved William F. Buckley, Jr.

Boy, could he ever tell off a person/give them a piece of his mind - and without ever using profanity! :lol: Of course, it was regular, network TV, but he had such a command of the English language and a rapier wit! He was awesome.

Tech

[QUOTE="GURPS, post: 6177498,

[/QUOTE]

Talk about a jury duty.

SamSpade

Talk about a jury duty.

You know - I wonder if that would work as well as anything else - that Representatives and Senators be chosen at random by a pool of voters (same as a jury). We LITERALLY put the lives and fortunes in the hands of typical people, as jurors - and aside from knowing the law - I don't know this would be any different.

PsyOps

Pixelated
You know - I wonder if that would work as well as anything else - that Representatives and Senators be chosen at random by a pool of voters (same as a jury). We LITERALLY put the lives and fortunes in the hands of typical people, as jurors - and aside from knowing the law - I don't know this would be any different.

I certainly wouldn't want to be forced to serve in congress against my will.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
We LITERALLY put the lives and fortunes in the hands of typical people, as jurors - and aside from knowing the law - I don't know this would be any different.

Congress Persons Certainly don't know the Law / Constitution the situation could not be any worse

Tech

Repeal the 17th, let the states select their senators.

Representatives selected by a random method. Then every two years a referendum on their service. If they receive two thirds aye remain for two more years, if not select a new one.

Hijinx

Anything to get rid of the parties.

There is no way in hell that everyone in both parties agrees with what the party tells them to vote for.
But they mostly vote for it on party line votes.

Wouldn't it be great if we had people there who vote for what is right or wrong on it's merits, and not for lobby money or political campaign funds? Real honest votes on what each individual believes is right. That is the America I would love to see.

Unfortunately that isn't what America is now.