Pocono NASCAR Race , Sunday 29 July 2PM

homedepot20

Point Standing PRIOR to Pocono
OHCG 79
CALV 70
MONELLO 65
HD20 63
STGIS 62

The real battle if for 2nd place among 4 ! OHCG has a FIRM grasp on 1st as long as he keeps duplicating the 2nd place WINNER Pick . Maybe he will forget to post for 3 straight races and gap between 2nd & 1st will SHRINK !!!!!

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
The real battle if for 2nd place among 4 ! OHCG has a FIRM grasp on 1st as long as he keeps duplicating the 2nd place WINNER Pick . Maybe he will forget to post for 3 straight races and gap between 2nd & 1st will SHRINK !!!!!

We can't take our foot of the gas. A few good weeks of picking and the gap can narrow quickly. Agree that the positions can change weekly since just a few points separate the non leaders.

A few years ago I was in a work football pool. It was straight picks of winners with no points given to underdogs. After a few weeks most everyone had the same picks. So in order to gain ground you had to toss in a few underdog pick to get additional points. Well that strategy didn't work too well.

calvcopf

Kevin Harvick Win
Martin Truex Jr
Kyle Busch
Ryan Blaney
Aric Almirola

Last edited:

homedepot20

NO picks from Stgislander & Monello 3 1/2 hrs PRIOR to Green flag :tap: Their New Hampshire picks were (IF NEEDED)

Stgislander - HAMLIN , Kyle Busch , Blaney, Truex , Kseselowski
Monello - HARVICK , Truex, Kyle Busch, Logano , Hamlin

homedepot20

Standing AFTER Pocono
OldHillCrestGuy 79+2=81
Calvcopf 70+2=72
Monello 65+6=71
HomeDepot20 63+3=66
Stgislander 62+1=63 ( New Hampshire Picks)

Congrats to Monello on picking WINNER :cheers:

Next Race is Sunday 5 August at Watkins Glenn ( ROAD COURSE ) 3 PM

stgislander

PREMO Member
Sorry guys. I spent last week off the grid. Finally got in range of a radio station that covered the race with 35 laps to go. (Interesting note... of all the FM radio stations in the Washington Metro area, none are MRN or PRN affiliates.)

I was a little perturbed that Jones didn't do a better job of pushing Suarez on the last restart, but I understand about going for the win.

calvcopf

Standing AFTER Pocono
OldHillCrestGuy 79+2=81
Calvcopf 70+2=72
Monello 65+6=71
HomeDepot20 63+3=66
Stgislander 62+1=63 ( New Hampshire Picks)

Congrats to Monello on picking WINNER :cheers:

Next Race is Sunday 5 August at Watkins Glenn ( ROAD COURSE ) 3 PM

Congrats Monello! Now maybe we can put some pressure on OHCG. It's harder for him to copy picks when there are 2 of us closing in!

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Congrats Monello! Now maybe we can put some pressure on OHCG. It's harder for him to copy picks when there are 2 of us closing in!

Thanks. I almost didn't get my picks in on time. What would have been ironic is if my winner pick from last week would have won the race.

What's the significance of a road course?

calvcopf

Thanks. I almost didn't get my picks in on time. What would have been ironic is if my winner pick from last week would have won the race.

What's the significance of a road course?

There are 2 road courses on the schedule (Sonoma and Watkins Glen). Some drivers struggle on these tracks and some have it figured out. The courses have right and left turns and have changes in elevation, up hills and down hills. Some curves are very fast and some are so sharp that they have to use a lot of braking to get the cars slowed down enough to make the turns.
The road courses are usually my favorite races of the year.