Point Lookout State Park overrun by... Non-natives

I cannot understand why, or how, this spot came to be utterly invaded and overtaken by this race of rude people who destroy the environment. They don't care about the condition of the park because they have no blood or roots in SOMD. In fact, it almost seems like contempt for the area, the way they treat it.

Can someone explain to me why the natives allowed this to happen? Why do the native folk stand by and allow their land and heritage to be desecrated? Their children will have nothing to inherit or enjoy when they have children of their own.

Bare-ya-cuda

I cannot understand why, or how, this spot came to be utterly invaded and overtaken by this race of rude people who destroy the environment. They don't care about the condition of the park because they have no blood or roots in SOMD. In fact, it almost seems like contempt for the area, the way they treat it.

Can someone explain to me why the natives allowed this to happen? Why do the native folk stand by and allow their land and heritage to be desecrated? Their children will have nothing to inherit or enjoy when they have children of their own.
Been that way for a while. They like elms park to. Come from DC and PG county.

GregV814

if we cant sit at the table, knock the "f***ing" legs off it.

a common mantra from the 1960's "community".

TPD

the poor dad
I have a lot of opinions on this subject, having been raised less than 2 miles outside of the park, but I think part of the reason is that the park management does everything it can to deter the locals from coming down to use it. I have been preaching to the politicians for years that anyone living in St. Mary's County should have free admission to Pt. Lookout State Park. As a teenager, I spent many evenings just sitting on the rocks of the causeway with friends just talking about life while watching the sunset. That is when it was free to enter. You always saw locals down there watching the sunset or letting their kids play on the beach or the playground in the evening. Now I understand there is no longer a playground. But either way, I'm not paying $5 to watch the sunset now.

I could go on because it burns my chaps that way this park has been managed over the last 20 years. But I will stop here.

Bare-ya-cuda

I know it's been an issue for a long time.

But why has it happened, why did they choose this area specifically, and why don't the locals protect it from being destroyed?
How do you suggest we protect it? I guarantee there are gamg meme we amongst the hundreds of them.

HemiHauler

My mother was a racist POS and 25 years ago, she thought the same of the "Government Wharf" at Coltons Point. Mind you, she didn't live within telescope sight of that wharf, but no matter.

The whole world is going to chit. Whaddya gonna do?

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
The same thing happens at Fletcher's boat house in Georgetown on the banks of the Potomac. Some holiday and by sunset the place is littered with all the trash that people brought with them that day. Bottles, paper plates, napkins, uneaten food, melon rinds all dropped on the ground. While there are multiple trash cans a few steps away.

Look at the nations they come from. Those places are open air trash dumps. I'm glad the US cracked down on litter in the 1960s. It became a societal norm to put trash in it's place.

Go on the DNR website that lists fishing regulation violators. The same thing. Lots of south of the border violators. Many with undersized fish and over the limit. Since they don't respect our migration laws, why should they follow any other laws we have on the books? Try doing that in their country.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
This is the very reason why I became a boat owner. I may still have to deal with the rabble as I'm launching/retrieving my boat, but I don't have to deal with the rude unwashed masses gathered at the shore to rape our natural resources. I cheer every time they're caught with their illegal catch, but know that for every one caught, 10 or more get away with it.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
All I ask is that they pick up their ****ing trash instead of leaving it lay around.
At the Piney Point landing parks, we are now officially in "overflow" season. The county puts small dumpsters on each side and by Sunday evening every weekend they are buried under a mountain of garbage. County sends a crew to clean up the mess every time....can't get smart enough to pay a few bucks for larger dumpsters. And yes...the majority of the park occupants are of same general ethnic persuasion as the ones that overwhelm Point Lookout park.

Years ago the island shoreline was also overrun every weekend by squatters. Aggressive action by islanders with support from the sheriff's office brought that under control. But that was a private property/trespassing issue...so different than the park use situations.