Point Lookout State Park overrun by... Non-natives

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
Years ago, my father lived near Town Creek Marine. The fishing areas there would get overrun quickly.

One morning he was enjoying coffee on his back porch, and two men came walking up the drive with fishing poles.

Dad "You can't be here, this is private property."

Them "We fish. We fish."

Dad (as they continue to walk) "No, you can't fish here, this is MY property."

Them "We fish. We fish."

Dad (Walks inside, gets his shotgun, points it at them) "Me shoot. Me shoot."

They high tailed it out of there, and he never again had any problems.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Years ago, my father lived near Town Creek Marine. The fishing areas there would get overrun quickly.

One morning he was enjoying coffee on his back porch, and two men came walking up the drive with fishing poles.

Dad "You can't be here, this is private property."

Them "We fish. We fish."

Dad (as they continue to walk) "No, you can't fish here, this is MY property."

Them "We fish. We fish."

Dad (Walks inside, gets his shotgun, points it at them) "Me shoot. Me shoot."

They high tailed it out of there, and he never again had any problems.

:yay: 12Ga... The International Language.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The county puts small dumpsters on each side and by Sunday evening every weekend they are buried under a mountain of garbage.

That's probably from people like me who throw away the grocery bags of trash they leave laying on the pier and beach. They do not dispose of their trash in a dumpster that I've ever observed, they either leave it lay or throw it in the water.

Imagine going to someone else's home and throwing your garbage all over the place.

stgislander

PREMO Member
At the Piney Point landing parks, we are now officially in "overflow" season. The county puts small dumpsters on each side and by Sunday evening every weekend they are buried under a mountain of garbage. County sends a crew to clean up the mess every time....can't get smart enough to pay a few bucks for larger dumpsters. And yes...the majority of the park occupants are of same general ethnic persuasion as the ones that overwhelm Point Lookout park.

Years ago the island shoreline was also overrun every weekend by squatters. Aggressive action by islanders with support from the sheriff's office brought that under control. But that was a private property/trespassing issue...so different than the park use situations.
I've witnessed a few locals using them as well because the Valley Lee Transfer Station is soooooooo far up the road.

Kinnakeet

My mother was a racist POS and 25 years ago, she thought the same of the "Government Wharf" at Coltons Point. Mind you, she didn't live within telescope sight of that wharf, but no matter.

The whole world is going to chit. Whaddya gonna do?
Why was she a racist because you did not agree with her

Kinnakeet

That's probably from people like me who throw away the grocery bags of trash they leave laying on the pier and beach. They do not dispose of their trash in a dumpster that I've ever observed, they either leave it lay or throw it in the water.

Imagine going to someone else's home and throwing your garbage all over the place.
Thats what they do at home

DaSDGuy

Maybe we can find where they live and dump our trash in front of their door. Maye they would get the message. But probably not.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
They dump their trash out their own front door. It’s how they live. If you have visited Mexico in a non tourist location you will see it.
Explains why downtown DC looks the way it does.

Hey refilled the fountains at the Naval Memorial a few weeks ago and the water is already contaminated with trash.

TPD

the poor dad
I know some of you were planning on going to Pt Lookout today to enjoy the company of your fellow citizens but don't - it is all fulled up!

This was the scene outside of the hardware store a couple minutes ago:

Pt Lookout Fulled Up!.jpg

TPD

the poor dad
And there are still plenty of cars headed south based on my parking lot camera I'm watching from home. (We are open today till 3 and tomorrow till noon but I have people so I don't have to work)

Oh yeah, if you stop in the hardware store today or tomorrow, we will give you a free handheld American flag while supplies last - citizen or not.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I know some of you were planning on going to Pt Lookout today to enjoy the company of your fellow citizens but don't - it is all fulled up!

View attachment 164930
I hope that doesn't go all the way to the park... :twitch:

I was planning on going to the fireworks display at Solomons tomorrow, but I have a feeling it's just going to be a madhouse, everyone trying to do the same thing. Combined with the high humidity, it does not sound like a fun time. I hate being hot and humid.

Reactions: BOP

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member

View attachment 164930
There aren’t a lot of accessible beaches in this area so it doesn’t surprise me, hope they keep an eye on what’s being caught and kept though.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron

View attachment 164930
Wait, is this the end of the line to get into the park?

I decided to buy a boat when all the local fishing piers were over run and us locals couldn't use the facilities that our taxes pay for. A lot of out of state tags on display in "our" state parks. I'm happy when I see entry fees. At least a portion of the destruction is being paid for.

On a positive note, my boy and I got a 5 gallon bucket full of perch this morning. Time to restock the freezer with fillets.