ISO Info Pole Barn builders

mdff21

Brookline Metal Roofing. Amish builders in Mechanicsville. 10185 Brookline Road off of Ryceville Rd. They do all kinds of buildings. Talk to Sam.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
We had a 48'x56' pole barn built within the past year.

We met with R&D.Cross, out of Brandywine, and we designed our space (size, shape, number and location of doors and windows, colors, etc.) and they ordered a kit for us according to our specifications. The kit was delivered, and an Amish crew came to assemble it. Four guys did the job in seven days.

Separately, we took care of site grading, the independent electric box, the concrete pad (that cost as much as the barn kit!!!), and the garage doors.

All told, we are VERY happy with the pole barn. Let us know if you want more details.

MR47930

We had a 48'x56' pole barn built within the past year.

We met with R&D.Cross, out of Brandywine, and we designed our space (size, shape, number and location of doors and windows, colors, etc.) and they ordered a kit for us according to our specifications. The kit was delivered, and an Amish crew came to assemble it. Four guys did the job in seven days.

Separately, we took care of site grading, the independent electric box, the concrete pad (that cost as much as the barn kit!!!), and the garage doors.

All told, we are VERY happy with the pole barn. Let us know if you want more details.
Goodness that’s a hell of a building! I’m looking for 30x40 so it’ll be half the size of yours. I bought my pellet stove from R&D a while back and had a good experience so I’ll definitely give them a call, thanks. Are you in Calvert or St Mary’s? Was the county permitting process a pain in the ass? Did you guys finish the inside with insulation/drywall etc.?

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Goodness that’s a hell of a building! I’m looking for 30x40 so it’ll be half the size of yours. I bought my pellet stove from R&D a while back and had a good experience so I’ll definitely give them a call, thanks. Are you in Calvert or St Mary’s? Was the county permitting process a pain in the ass? Did you guys finish the inside with insulation/drywall etc.?
St. Mary's. We did not finish the inside walls with drywall or insulation,, but that is because we are newly poor after building a dang barn.. :nomoney:

The permitting was pretty easy. The only snag we had was at the Health Departmeny, and that was only because it was right at the start of COVID, and their office hours were pretty wonky. Otherwise, I'd say that our build was totally pain free.

MR47930

St. Mary's. We did not finish the inside walls with drywall or insulation,, but that is because we are newly poor after building a dang barn.. :nomoney:

The permitting was pretty easy. The only snag we had was at the Health Departmeny, and that was only because it was right at the start of COVID, and their office hours were pretty wonky. Otherwise, I'd say that our build was totally pain free.
:buddies:Yea I’m definitely not looking forward to getting these quotes back. We’re putting a pool in too so I’m just throwing money out the window at this point.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Just wondering here. If going through the hassle and expense of building something like a pole barn, why not just build a nice sized garage type building? Since a foundation has to be poured anyway?

MR47930

If I may ...

Just wondering here. If going through the hassle and expense of building something like a pole barn, why not just build a nice sized garage type building? Since a foundation has to be poured anyway?
I’m pretty sure stick built structure is 3X the price of a pole barn. I could be wrong though, I’ll get quotes for both.

zar

Theist

Did you get permits for electric/plumb?

Who did your foundation

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Did you get permits for electric/plumb?

Who did your foundation
Permits for electric, yes. They were secured by our electrician who put in our new panel box.

Foundation for the building itself was part of the build price, and put in by the talented Amish men who constructed the barn. We used a local concrete guy who put in a sizable pad after the barn was completed.