police impersonator?

FED_UP

Pretty hard to detemine if the cop is fake or not, I'm just going to floor it for now on, if he chases me its a real cop.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

So many, "fake", cops/officers/deputies/troopers out there. And none of them know, or care to, uphold, or protect and defend, the Constitution, or any other laws. They are now just legalized asset forfeiture soldiers for the Office or Departments they work for, in addition, to feeding the ever voracious court and jailing system by planting evidence, falsifying, or outright fabrication, of charges. Among a host of other nefarious activities.

DannyMotorcycle

If I may ...

So many, "fake", cops/officers/deputies/troopers out there. And none of them know, or care to, uphold, or protect and defend, the Constitution, or any other laws. They are now just legalized asset forfeiture soldiers for the Office or Departments they work for, in addition, to feeding the ever voracious court and jailing system by planting evidence, falsifying, or outright fabrication, of charges. Among a host of other nefarious activities.

I mean it is sad that a lot of cops don't understand the constitution and civil rights.. but at the same time.. I understand that society has a lot of dangerous people that they do remove from society.. if they've even arrested 1 drunk driver then they have removed the potential for a family being killed.. I'm a libertarian but i'm a realist.. My default mode is to appreciate police officers until they disclose they aren't fit for the job.

DannyMotorcycle

I also think people fail to realize cops are human and they have to mentally process the worst in society on a regular basis, including deceased individuals, abused people, children, accident victims, and of course lots of attitude.. they all should have mandatory therapy.. I think people rarely begin to think about what ti's like being in their shoes.. I have disdain for the insulting of police, because i know that they are the ones who apprehend the real monsters of society who will/do beat rape rob and kill the weakest of society like old ladies and babies.

BernieP

Resident PIA
I also think people fail to realize cops are human and they have to mentally process the worst in society on a regular basis, including deceased individuals, abused people, children, accident victims, and of course lots of attitude.. they all should have mandatory therapy.. I think people rarely begin to think about what ti's like being in their shoes.. I have disdain for the insulting of police, because i know that they are the ones who apprehend the real monsters of society who will/do beat rape rob and kill the weakest of society like old ladies and babies.
I do realize cops are human and they have little time to process a situation.
But like all of us, there are good cops, and there who are , well, not so nice.
Probably far to many hours and yes, they probably need mandatory counseling.
What people might not realize, that was brought up in the Baltimore City story, is that the overtime is not always paid by the government.
Even if an officer is working a special even in uniform, frequently the even organizer has to pay the government for officers to work that event.
Given what they are paid, most are going to jump at the chance to earn extra money.
Not all the pressure comes from outside the department. Their superiors need to evaluate their performance which is in part based on arrests and tickets. While there may not be a "quota" there number of tickets written is certainly a measure the department looks at, as are the number of arrests and conviction rate ("good police work should lead to good convictions")
Don't forget, the cops on the street are going to follow the lead of their superiors, bad leadership breeds bad acts on the street..

David

Opinions are my own...
PREMO Member

We had a guy in high school who used to do this stuff. He got himself one of those red rotating lights; not sure if he stuck it on his dashboard or did a Starsky and Hutch. The guy was a little off because of a lot of psychological abuse he had to endure at home and later at school. I think when they caught up with him, they just had a good talk with him. Those were the good old days when things could be handled with some common sense and not everyone had to be cuffed and sent off to jail for the smallest crap.

Last edited:

glhs837

Power with Control
We had a guy in high school who used to do this stuff. He got himself one of those red rotating lights; not sure if he stuck it on his dashboard or did a Starsky and Hutch. The guy was a little off because of a lot of psychological abuse he had to endure at home and later at school. I think when they caught up with him, they just had a good talk with him. Those were the good old days when things could be handled with some common sense and not everyone had to be cuffed and sent off to jail for the smallest crap.

If he was just using it to make people move over, that's admittedly small crap. Were he pulling people over, thats a whole different level, agreed?

David

Opinions are my own...
PREMO Member
Nope, sorry (and I'm referring to the situation I gave [the kid did actually pull people over], not this current day case). It was a small town, he was a known individual with issues and no one got hurt, and again, it was long ago when things were simpler. There was no need for criminal punishment and the ass-raping in prison so many far-righties love to fantasize about.

As far as "sent off to jail for the smallest crap" relative to today, I believe the USA has one of the largest per capita prison populations in the world, so that tells me there is a problem. Again, I am not speaking specifically to the guy referred to by the OP, just speaking generally.

Prison rates in the US are the world's highest, at 724 people per 100,000. In Russia the rate is 581.
Half of the world's prison population of about nine million is held in the US, China or Russia.

Reminds me of a story Thom Hartmann told on the radio about some tribe in South America. There was one guy in the tribe who like to borrow things without permission. So, every few weeks the tribe members with missing items got together and went to this guy's hut and got their stuff back. Repeat as required. No lashings or prison time or ass rapings. Just a part of life.

Last edited:

mdff21

Most other countries have harsher penalties for committing crimes. The harsher the penalty the more it will deter crime. Steal something cut off a hand in some countries.

BernieP

Resident PIA
I mean it is sad that a lot of cops don't understand the constitution and civil rights.. but at the same time.. I understand that society has a lot of dangerous people that they do remove from society.. if they've even arrested 1 drunk driver then they have removed the potential for a family being killed.. I'm a libertarian but i'm a realist.. My default mode is to appreciate police officers until they disclose they aren't fit for the job.
was in a class recently and the instructor admitted that you might get arrested because cops have not been brought up to speed in the changes in the law - it's several years old. But admitted that the States Attorney would simply drop the charges. Small comfort after it's been logged on Case Search.

The problem with this butt clown is he now puts people at risk. They don't think they are doing anything wrong (that they are aware of) and are concerned about this fake cop. But it's a real officer who is initiating a traffic stop for "equipment". They don't stop, he assumes they are hiding something and it all escalates. Next thing you know, they are on the ground, with a gun to their head with 6 cars around them. 15 charges later, they are released on bail - because the officer wanted to do a routine check (their licences plate light was dim).

No joke, I was pulled over by a trooper because my license plate lights were to dim, he asked if I noticed him turn off his lights to look.
Ah, no. Both lights were operating. Of course they get your license, insurance and registration, run the check, ok, no warrants, you aren't in the system for boo.