Police shoot and kill teenager with air soft gun in St Marys

rmorse

:wah:

Oh please, this thread is mild compared to many of them.

If someone's going to make an inflammatory remark they should be prepared to explain it or defend it - not run from it.

As GURPS likes to post all the time: "FFS" :lol:

Maybe I missed the other ones. Just seemed childish in here.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Am I missing a comment or something? I see GURPS making a joke and then a couple people piling on him, him saying GFYS, and then more of the same.

Unless he wasn't making a joke? I dunno.

No, you're not missing anything. Maybe people are testy because of the rona.

UglyBear

Am I missing a comment or something? I see GURPS making a joke and then a couple people piling on him, him saying GFYS, and then more of the same.

Unless he wasn't making a joke? I dunno.
Nope, not missing anything.
Main point: a kid did something really really stupid and ended up dead over it. Police officer involved will be traumatized for the rest of their life.
The rest is a perfect high school drama:
The head of the Color Guard was discussing it; the head of the Dance Squad overheard it, interpreted it in her way, and yanked her ponytail. The head of the color guard kicked the shins of the Dance Squad Queen in return.
Various other parties with loose alliances (Jocks, geeks, AV club) are chiming in from the sidelines, cheering them on, happy just to be included.
the original point is lost.

Last edited:

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
To continue the high school analogy,

The teacher just showed up to bust our b$tch slap-fest in the parking lot!
Bite me, Teach! You ain’t the boss of me!

(you will still give me a recommendation letter, right? This is not going on my Permanent Record? Don’t call my dad, man! )

And my response usually was, "I don't know why you think I know who he is since you don't".

UglyBear

And my response usually was, "I don't know why you think I know who he is since you don't".
Nice, you didn’t take any shite from the brats.

Yours is the type of teacher most admired by the kids. Wish there would have been more like you — maybe there would have been less tragedies like the origin of this thread.

GregV814

I was gonna bring up a succinct "end all" point But but then again, I harbor sardonic feelings whenever my armpit itches. Tensions are high, people are stressed, this is not a perfect world.

Hope that helps.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Trigger Happy Cops ..... just want to go home at night
I take it you know that State Trooper personally? How do you know the Trooper was trigger happy?
So what would you do, in all your infinite wisdom, if you had a gun pointed at you? Bore them to death with limitless political posts? Yeah cops want to go home at night just like every other ordinary human being on planet earth. Thank God the majority of them can.
I’m pretty sure GURPS was being sarcastic, given his “just want to go home at night” comment. Like, stupid cop just wanted to live and see his family.
If GURPS would use indicators that showed he was kidding, that would nice.

Hopefully, he can pause his postahhrea long enough to come back in here and clarify.
If you are anti police officer that's worthy of a discussion on the forums since you made the public comment.
🤷
No you wanted to engage in snarky comments .....

So Piss Off

GURPS made a statement about the Trooper - and I asked him how he could make the blanket statement.

Someone came in to defend GURPS, and I said that maybe GURPS could come in and defend himself. (and made the comment about postarhhea, which is an old SOMD term that I made up years ago to describe his daily ad nauseam posting, which is clearly well known in the forums.)

GURPS then told me to go f*ck myself, and basically makes it clear he's not going to defend his statement because he didn't like my snarky postarhhea comment.

It's all fine and well - he doesn't have to answer anything he doesn't want to. Like I (also) said - he can sure dish it out, but he can't take it. 🤷

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I see so you won't own what you wrote that is sad and chickensheot. But if that is how you have to play it so be it.

hardly ... where did I DENY What I said

I'll circle back around to a statement I made years ago .....

Cops Are PAID To Take A Bullet ... the ROE are stricter in Afghanistan then the Streets in America ... in Afghanistan you actually have to get shot at before returning fire ... here Cops just whip out side arm ' he acted suspiciously '

but the system stands behind them time and again Teens are gunned down by trigger happy cops that shoot 1st and ask questions

there was a case in Cali - cop sees teen ' with a gun ' next to a busy road way, jumps out yelling and screaming weapon drawn giving orders to the teen

he NEVER Hears - because of the highway traffic

the teen turns to see what the commotion is, never clearly hearing the cop yelling .... immediately gunned down by the cop

time from when the cop saw the teen until the teen lay dying 9 SEC that isn't enough time to evaluate ship