Police Tell Girl To Stop Calling

W

Wenchy

I would have packed up my daughter and moved her out of town.

Watch the video, the people (friends and mother) come across as being ignorant. (JMO)

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Sorry, folks - here I go again.

She called the police....and then what? They just ignored her? Every time?

I don't believe that.

They would have either arrested the boyfriend (if he committed a crime) or advised her to swear out an ex parte (and would then arrest him if he violated it). So my guess would be, just based on what other cops have told me about similar situations, that she called the cops, reconciled with the guy and never followed through on charges, until the point that the cops were no longer interested in dealing with her.

You can't keep cops running on a wild goose chase if you're not willing to do anything to protect yourself.

And, PS, since the girl was a minor, I'd be interested in hearing how the Mom protected her.

R

RadioPatrol

Last edited by a moderator:
W

Wenchy

more proof citizens cannot depend on the police to prevent crime, only investigate the crime and maybe catch the guilty - then if the prosecutor doesn't drop the ball because of incompetence, then the guilty might go to jail if the case is not plead out ...

Citizens need to protect themselves.

It will be interesting to read (if we ever get the story) how many times the girl called the police.

I'm thinking "The Little Boy Who Cried Wolf", and she (and her mother) never thought to get away from the situation.

The police can only handle so many repeated domestic calls and :blahblah

I have had to call the police 3 times. They were on my doorstep within 2 minutes each time.

If I ever have to call again, I'm thinking I will get the same response.

17 yr old is in the prime of her life ? gee what does that say about someone 40 :evil:

Over the hill.

Dutch6

"Fluffy world destroyer"

It will be interesting to read (if we ever get the story) how many times the girl called the police.

I'm thinking "The Little Boy Who Cried Wolf", and she (and her mother) never thought to get away from the situation.

I have had to call the police 3 times. They were on my doorstep within 2 minutes each time.

Over the hill.
2 minutes? Takes them that long from around the corner? Dang.

W

Wenchy

2 minutes? Takes them that long from around the corner? Dang.

Terrible, isn't it? They might have been at Dunkin Donuts on the opposite corner getting a sugar/caffeine fix. The one stoplight in town might have also slowed them down.

smcop

Over the hill.
No...we'll still come. I don't know what the situation was with this, but I would expect the girl who was calling was not describing a crime. We respond to possible crimes all the time, some times over and over.

I don't think it is ever a good policy to tell someone who is calling for help not to call or they will be arrested. JMO.

K

Kain99

No...we'll still come. I don't know what the situation was with this, but I would expect the girl who was calling was not describing a crime. We respond to possible crimes all the time, some times over and over.

I don't think it is ever a good policy to tell someone who is calling for help not to call or they will be arrested. JMO.

Just takes one idiotic dispatcher.... Cannot imagine this ever happening here.

smcop

Just takes one idiotic dispatcher.... Cannot imagine this ever happening here.
Thanks for the vote of confidence. I agree, I don't think anyone here would tell someone calling for HELP not to call, even if there were nothing we could do. Sometimes an empathetic ear, and kind advice may help the person seek help elsewhere. I do believe if someone did tell someone to stop calling, then there would be consequences for that action.

W

Wenchy

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I agree, I don't think anyone here would tell someone calling for HELP not to call, even if there were nothing we could do. Sometimes an empathetic ear, and kind advice may help the person seek help elsewhere. I do believe if someone did tell someone to stop calling, then there would be consequences for that action.

I completely respect the police force.

There is more to this story and we may never hear about it but I hope we do. Repeated calls for the same thing should not warrant a response. There are other calls to be made. Dispatcher or police, if they were called numerous times for the same thing, I don't blame them a bit. In all fairness the girl was probably referred to a number for a shelter and refused the offer. It will be interesting to see how this pans out.

Regardless, a girl is dead and her mother knew the boy was a threat. She was a minor and her mother should have taken her out of harm's way, or never let her get into it in the first place.

My daughter is no longer a minor and I would still remove her from a risky situation.

A restraining order tends to make things worse.

We have a formie on here who can attest to that.

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
Over the hill.

Not, so, young lady!

K.T. Olin sang

"Women peak at forty, and men at nineteen
I remember laughing my head off when I read that in a magazine
(I was twenty at the time)
Now I'm staring forty right in the face
And the only trouble with being a woman my age, is the men my age.

That's why younger men are starting to catch my eye
I'm starting to stop what I'm doing
just to turn around and watch them walk by
At the very next opportunity
I'm gonna give a younger man a try
Because younger men are starting to catch my eye

Men my age, poor old darlings, they're worried and their harry
Some of them drink too much, whole lot of them are married
And honey here I'm at on the threshold of all that fun
I'm gonna try my best to cross it with a younger one

Oh, I said that younger men are starting to catch my eye
I'm starting to stop what I'm doing
Just to turn around and watch them walk by
At the very next opportunity
I'm gonna give a younger man a try

(Musical interlude)

Woah, look over here
We got a cute little ol' runner to the right
Blue shorts, no shirt
Whoo! You're looking good darling
That's right, stay in shape

Ohh... Ohh... Ohhhhhhh...

Yes, I said younger men are starting to catch my eye"

W

White Buddah

I wonder why she never thought to just go get a restraining order before the 15 calls. Oh no, I can't call them, what should I do??? Her mom knew, so they talk. A grown women wouldn't think to go to the station?? Too much missing from the report.

R

RadioPatrol

A restraining order tends to make things worse.

We have a formie on here who can attest to that.

back 12 yrs ago my wife could not get a restraining order againist her ex - his daddy was a retired Montgomery County Sergent ... and daddy pulled in favors; numerous times when the thieving, dope smoking a$$ was caught and should have gone to jail .... daddy got him off ... and so too the cops ignored signs of abuse when she called, till finally she made her break, while she was supposed to be @ work, packed her stuff put it in storage, and spent the next 30 days in the abused womans shelter ........ when she finally did get some paper on him, several of the MC Police told her "off the record" if you do shoot his ass, wait 30 min b4 you call us, we are tired of his crap, and we do not want to have to revive him ....... :whistle: