Political signs

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Do they influence your vote in any way? Like, you see a sign for a candidate and go, "Wow, nice sign. I think I'll vote for that guy"?

dgates80

Land of the lost
I would think the point is simple name recognition. Fairly effective at that I think. Certainly no influence on the “informed voter” that actually puts fourth effort to attempt to determine the candidates’ actual positions on the various issues of the day though.

Grumpy

Do they influence your vote in any way? Like, you see a sign for a candidate and go, "Wow, nice sign. I think I'll vote for that guy"?

I rode by a bunch of R candidates standing at the fair grounds entrance on 231, all with their signs bunched together and waving at traffic..there was no way to read all the signs to even know who was waving..Wrote the Calvert R folks and said they should have spaced them out so there was 'some' name recognition but never heard back. Maybe some folks vote for a person because they saw a sign, but I think it's overdone and kinda dumb in this day and age.

terbear1225

I am more likely to not vote for someone with a ridiculous number of signs or signs that are particularly annoying

limblips

I am more likely to not vote for someone with a ridiculous number of signs or signs that are particularly annoying

So signs could drive your decision rather than what the candidate's position on the issues is? You do realize that usually it isn't the candidate putting out the signs but a supportive electorate.

I agree that they are annoying but to base your vote on how many signs there are is a bit off.

Grumpy

I agree that they are annoying but to base your vote on how many signs there are is a bit off.

To me, they are annoying little twits, in a way kinda insulting..just like robo calls..they lose my vote..(and I know your reply wasn't directed to me)

beamher

not at all! more than likely I'm driving by and only read signs when I'm trying to see if there's anything I would be interested in going on in the county. They are annoying along with the calls, texts and house visits.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Got to admit I found meaning and inspiration with this one...

images.jpg

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Maybe some folks vote for a person because they saw a sign, but I think it's overdone and kinda dumb in this day and age.

Why do you hate crummy lollipop sign makers? They gotta eat too.