Politics is Downstream From Culture

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Evangeline Lilly Comes Out Against Vaccine Mandates: ‘Nobody Should Ever Be Forced To Inject Their Body’

“I was in DC this weekend to support bodily sovereignty while Canadian truckers were rallying for their cross-country, peaceful convoy in support of the same thing,” Lilly said. “I believe nobody should ever be forced to inject their body with anything, against their will, under threat of: violent attack, arrest or detention without trial, loss of employment, homelessness, starvation, loss of education, alienation from loved ones, excommunication from society … under any threat whatsoever.”

“This is not the way,” the “Ant-Man” actress continued. “This is not safe. This is not healthy. This is not love. I understand the world is in fear, but I don’t believe that answering fear with force will fix our problems.”

In March 2020, Lilly drew ire from Hollywood when she suggested on Instagram that she values “freedom” over the promise of supposed safety.

“Lilly had previously gone on her own Instagram Live to chat about how life had been going for her and her own endeavors despite the public health crisis,” an InStyle report outlined at the time. “She called her life ‘#businessasusual’ and recounted taking her children to gymnastics camp, after they ‘all washed their hands before going in.'”

Reactions: BOP

Hijinx

Evangeline Lilly Comes Out Against Vaccine Mandates: ‘Nobody Should Ever Be Forced To Inject Their Body’

“This is not the way,” the “Ant-Man” actress continued. “This is not safe. This is not healthy. This is not love. I understand the world is in fear, but I don’t believe that answering fear with force will fix our problems.”

The world has defeated their fear.
In every country the majority of citizens are protesting masks, and forced jabs of a medicine that apparently only works partially and could have long term health effects.
It is no longer the citizens who are in fear. It is the Government trying to control them like sheep.

So many like myself went along with the Government and their promises , many got the vaccine and wore the masks.
We tried it their way. AND IT DIDN"T WORK.

Now we have had enough.
Enough of the promises of a cure that doesn't exist.
Enough of the snot filled masks.
Enough of the Government mandates.
And enough crying from the chicken shits who haven't the courage or the good sense to realize they are being fed a boatload of lies and corruption by Big Pharma and the Government Big Pharma owns, that has consistently denied the public a cheap medicine that is readily available while pushing their hugely overpriced medications that are not working.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Leave Sam Elliott The Heck Alone

Sam Elliott, who knows a thing or two about Westerns, is enduring a wave of bad press for making a perfectly reasonable point about “Power of the Dog.” If a person can’t debate art on a podcast without becoming a news cycle that threatens his career, we’re in trouble. But, of course, that much is perfectly clear.

Elliott was asked about “Power of the Dog” on Marc Maron’s podcast this week. “You want to talk about that piece of sh-t?” he responded, launching into an extended criticism of the film’s authenticity and director Jane Campion:

That’s what all these f-cking cowboys in that movie looked like. They’re all running around in chaps and no shirts, there’s all these allusions to homosexuality throughout the movie. … She’s a brilliant director, I love her previous work, but what the f-ck does this woman from down there, New Zealand, know about the American West? And why the f-ck did she shoot this movie in New Zealand and call it Montana and say ‘This is the way it was?’ That f-cking rubbed me the wrong way, pal. …Where are we in this world today? It’s not the biggest issue at hand, but for me it was the only issue because there was so much of it. I mean, Cumberbatch never got out of his f-cking chaps. … He had two pairs of chaps, a wooly pair and a leather pair. Every time he’d walk in from somewhere, he never was on a horse, maybe once, he’d walk into the f-cking house, storm up the f-cking stairs, go lay on his bed in his chaps and play his banjo. It was like, what the f-ck? Where’s the Western in this Western?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Director Goes From Criticizing Sam Elliott Straight To Putting Foot In Her Own Mouth

Campion laughed maniacally at what she presumed was a joke or statement she’d made, but was immediately hit with backlash online, according to IndieWire.

Many people from the press and social media noted how unnecessary it was for Campion to make any comment comparing herself to the experiences of the Williams sister, according to the Washington Post.

Campion is the daughter of a theatre director and an actress, according to Megha Mohan. The Williams sisters, two black women, have faced “unrelenting racism and sexism while working toward remarkable levels of success in tennis, a White-dominated sport,” The Washington Post reported.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
“Well I don’t believe that,” Sullivan said. “I think it’s possibly the most absurd hyperbole I’ve ever heard…I can tell you America in 2022 is the most multiracial, multi-cultural, tolerant, diverse melting pot that has ever existed on the planet earth.”

“And there is no other place on Earth even like it,” he added. “That’s why 86% of our immigrants are nonwhite. Do you think that they want to come into a white supremacist country?”

Sullivan explained further that, for “most people,” the term white supremacy means the “KKK, it means no rights for minorities. And this has been used simply to avoid an argument.”

Later, Sullivan reminded Stewart that America also has a “great history. The political commentator said that, by calling “today white supremacy,” Stewart was “minimizing actual white supremacy.”

“You have an incredible diversity,” Sullivan explained. “To condemn all American history as racist. But in fact, has been liberating.”

Stewart continued to insist “the systems” that were “put in place” were “racist.”

Sullivan then asked the host to explain exactly what these “systems” are. The former host of “The Daily Show” said he explained it earlier when talking about housing and the G.I. bill.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Jon Stewart has this reputation for being the guru be all end all of political discourse. He got that rep the same way Coke became "the real thing" and Pepsi was "the choice of a new generation" - marketing. It doesn't have to be true for the mindless masses to believe it. If the marketing is consistent and persistent, you can make people believe something even though they see with their own eyes that it's not true.

I personally always thought he was a dolt, smartass, and intellectual lightweight. Instead of engaging in thoughtful commentary, he mocked and mugged because that's what people do when they have no idea what they're talking about. And his dopey audience cheered and applauded on cue to make it seem like Stewart had made a good point when all he did was make a face and a joke.

I remember some poll that said Jon Stewart was the most trusted source for political news and I was like, god help us.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Stephen Colbert is another one who is regarded as a political commentator, but is just a freaking idiot mugging and joking. I remember well when he was invited to give testimony to Congress regarding immigration and it was like, WTAF?? What an embarrassment. Even John Conyers wanted him booted.

And then there's this:

You have to watch it because it's just unbelievable.

Last edited:

Clem72

Jon Stewart has this reputation for being the guru be all end all of political discourse. He got that rep the same way Coke became "the real thing" and Pepsi was "the choice of a new generation" - marketing. It doesn't have to be true for the mindless masses to believe it. If the marketing is consistent and persistent, you can make people believe something even though they see with their own eyes that it's not true.

I personally always thought he was a dolt, smartass, and intellectual lightweight. Instead of engaging in thoughtful commentary, he mocked and mugged because that's what people do when they have no idea what they're talking about. And his dopey audience cheered and applauded on cue to make it seem like Stewart had made a good point when all he did was make a face and a joke.

I remember some poll that said Jon Stewart was the most trusted source for political news and I was like, god help us.

Stewart will always have my respect for working for almost two decades to get 911 first responders healthcare coverage for injuries/sicknesses they received.

herb749

Stephen Colbert is another one who is regarded as a political commentator, but is just a freaking idiot mugging and joking. I remember well when he was invited to give testimony to Congress regarding immigration and it was like, WTAF?? What an embarrassment. Even John Conyers wanted him booted.

And then there's this:

His show was in last place in the ratings until Trump was elected. He was the 1st to go all Trump and still does.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Stephen Colbert Says Joe Biden Should Slap Peter Doocy for Asking Uncomfortable Questions

Hilarious. The problem with what Colbert said was not that doddering Old Joe Biden is going to start menacing recalcitrant reporters. The problem is that Colbert, a quintessential Leftist establishment figure, is trying to intimidate Doocy, and other journalists as well, into hesitating to ask Biden questions that show up the establishment narrative. Make Doocy the butt of late-night jokes enough times, and maybe he will start toeing the line. And even if he doesn’t, other reporters who don’t want to be held up to nationwide ridicule for questioning the manifest nakedness of our present emperor will hesitate to ask questions of which Stephen Colbert might disapprove.

The possibility of physical assault can’t be ruled out, either. Even if Biden doesn’t lace up the gloves and take Doocy on, Leftists have been calling for physical confrontations with conservatives for years now. Colbert was just adding fuel to that fire. Remember Kathy Griffin holding Trump’s bloody severed head, or Madonna saying she wanted to blow up the White House, or Robert DeNiro saying he wanted to punch Trump in the face, or Nancy Pelosi, Maxine Waters, and Kamala Harris inciting Leftist violence?

Colbert’s remarks were just more of the Left normalizing violence against dissidents and legitimizing the use of force against those who refuse to get into line. Kevin Downey Jr. said that, while working standup, “I’ve had people charge me on stage. I’ve seen situations that look like an episode of ‘When Animals Attack.’ With stage lights in my eyes, drunk, charging hecklers can be impossible to see until their fist is bouncing off my pretty head.” Soon, thanks to Stephen Colbert and other Leftists, those words could apply to dissenting reporters at presidential press conferences, too.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Democrats are lunch table bullies surrounded by mindless coward followers.

Standing up to bullies isn't initially popular because they have perceived strength and a large cadre of cowardly minions who curry favor so they don't become the bully's target. Once someone stands up to them, their power starts to erode; then more and more people stand up, and the bully's entourage disappears.

Hijinx

And then there's this:

That guy is about as funny as a nun with the clapp.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

The Washington Post's Attack on the Gaming Industry Is Proof That Its Days as a News Outlet Are Far Behind It

WaPo is using Grayson as an enforcer to effectively hold the gun of public opinion against the heads of video game companies, compelling them to not only support their cause with words but fund various activist groups and politicians. This makes WaPo something of a hard-left mafia enforcer who comes into your establishment and comments that you’ve got a nice place and it would be a shame if someone came in and ruined it.

Pay up and swear loyalty, and maybe nothing bad will happen.

It’s pure intimidation. There’s little journalism here.

Video game companies are there to make video games. They are not there to be toadies for a political party or movement. Getting involved in politics is the last thing that they, or any company for that matter, should want to do. It very, very rarely ever works out for them. In fact, the most common pattern of a company going woke is going broke.

It’s in any company’s best interest to ignore someone like Grayson and send no reply.

But more importantly, it’s in our best interest to understand something very clearly about the Washington Post.

It has proven time and again, and more and more recently, that it is not a news organization. It may produce news stories here and there, but that that is now its secondary, if not its tertiary purpose, like a gumball machine at a Planned Parenthood.

This is an activist organization posing as a news organization. It is not there to deliver you the truth, it is there to sell you a narrative. It is not there to serve the public, it is there to serve an agenda. Everything that comes out of its offices, be it from Lorenz, Kessler, Grayson, etc. should be initially disbelieved until it is scrutinized and investigated by everyone from the general public to its journalistic betters.

WaPo now reminds me of Kotaku, a shadow of what it once was, and no longer worth paying attention to.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Netflix Fires Major Warning Shot At Its Woke Employees With New ‘Culture Memo’

“If you’d find it hard to support our content breadth, Netflix may not be the best place for you,” the memo states, later adding that employees may be required to work on projects that they “perceive to be harmful” and that if they have a hard time accepting their work assignment, they might want to consider working somewhere else.

“Entertaining the world is an amazing opportunity and also a challenge because viewers have very different tastes and points of view. So we offer a wide variety of TV shows and movies, some of which can be provocative,” the new section reads, later adding, “we support the artistic expression of the creators we choose to work with” and that “we let viewers decide what’s appropriate for them, versus having Netflix censor specific artists or voices.”