Politics is Downstream From Culture

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Leftists Defend Those Who Won't Allow Conservative Parents to See Them or Their Grandchildren

Nearly every one of the many left-wing responses I read -- both on right-wing and left-wing sites -- supported the left-wing children who deprive their parents of contact with them and with the grandchildren.

Here are some typical left-wing responses (from a conservative site, American Greatness):

yung god money stax: "... conservatives are whiny, mean little people and their kids don't want to listen to their racist, homophobic, sexist bs any more or let their kids be around that crap."

Dennis Prager's butthole: "This might be the dumbest article I've ever read anywhere."

Loona Chan: "I'm sorry Mr. Prager, you cannot claim after 6 years of Trump being the leader of the Republican Party that 'meanness' is not a central component of the current Republican project. Republicans now make being as offensive and disregarding of other's humanity paramount to their political rhetoric... When a parent on facebook 'jokes' about inflicting violence and even killing trans people and their children or grandchildren happen to be gay or trans, I think it is perfectly reasonable to no longer want to associate with that person..."

Austin Tucker the_dster694: "There is not an ounce of tolerance in conservative circles.

"Tolerate the intolerance is what you're asking, and we won't."

BartonsInk4: "I'm pretty sure I speak for all of the children who've cut off their parents when I say:

"1. We don't f---ing miss you. At all.

"2. We should have done this years ago."

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Sapidus would not be happy if it could not rage about Trump or Trump Supporters daily

True.

One of the clips in the article was really amusing....

"I'm sorry Mr. Prager, you cannot claim after 6 years of Trump being the leader of the Republican Party that 'meanness' is not a central component of the current Republican project. Republicans now make being as offensive and disregarding of other's humanity paramount to their political rhetoric...

These wankers have been the most vicious, vile, hateful ####s for the last 40 years but because Trump was mean back to them... :bawl: :bawl:

:killingme

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Action movie director James Cameron doesn't want to "fetishize" gun violence

James Cameron has made some of the best action movies ever. Terminator, Terminator 2, Aliens. Even True Lies was pretty good. I thought Titanic sucked, and Avatar was a snooze, but Cameron has a few greats to be proud of.

But he isn’t proud of them. In fact, without naming these movies he implies he wished he never made them. They “fetishize” gun violence, and he is done with that. Guns make him sick to his stomach now.

He is so done with gun violence, in fact, that he has made a war movie (Avatar 2 is indeed a kind of war movie, in which the human beings are bad and the purple aliens are good natives in touch with Purple Gaia) in which he has cut 10 minutes of gun violence from the film.

James Cameron made some conscious editing decisions while making Avatar: The Way of Water, which included pulling footage from the film’s more than three-hour run time to avoid fetishizing gun violence on screen.
“I actually cut about 10 minutes of the movie targeting gunplay action,” the director shared in an interview with Esquire Middle East. “I wanted to get rid of some of the ugliness, to find a balance between light and dark.”

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Jordan Peterson ordered into ‘re-education’ program over social media comments, Rogan podcast appearance

The College of Psychologists of Ontario (CPO) ordered clinical psychologist and author Jordan Peterson to complete six months of “re-education” about social media professionalism following complaints about comments he made on social media and on the Joe Rogan podcast, Peterson explained in a Wednesday Twitter thread.

Peterson is required to undergo six months of coaching to refine his social media etiquette, according to a document from the CPO he posted to Twitter. He previously claimed that he was under investigation because of online criticism of Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau.

The coaching sessions would require Peterson to “review, reflect on, and ameliorate [his] professionalism in public statements.” He claimed that he would not participate although refusal may be considered “professional misconduct” and put his clinical license at risk.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Movie Attendance Collapses 48% over Four Very Woke Years

People will go to the theater to see a movie that appeals to them. Spider-Man: No Way Home proved this last year. Top Gun: Maverick proved it this year. Avatar: Way of the Water is proving it right now. And those are just the blockbusters.

People also crept out of their homes to see Everything Everywhere All at Once ($69M), Elvis ($151M), Uncharted ($148M), Nope ($123M), Where the Crawdads Sing ($90M), The Woman King ($67M), Free Guy ($122M), The Lost City ($105M), and Ticket to Paradise ($68M).

In other words, blaming streaming or the China Flu on the collapse of the movie business is anti-science, so please do shut up.

The only difference between 2018 and 2022 is appeal.

In 2018, individual titles and the idea of going to the movies in general (I’ll talk more about this below) appealed to people.

That’s what’s changed.

That’s what’s over.

That’s what’s dead.