Politics is Downstream From Culture

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Pakistani-American Actor Can’t Get a Good Villain Role Because Hollywood Gives Them Only to White Guys

Nanjiani went straight to the heart of the matter, saying, according to Slay News on Friday, that “he can’t get roles playing villains because Hollywood is too ‘woke’ to cast non-white actors as ‘bad guys.’” Nanjiani “is best known for his role as Dinesh in the HBO comedy ‘Silicon Valley’ (2014–2019) and for co-writing and starring in ‘The Big Sick’ (2017).” He is playing a villain of sorts in a new show, “Welcome to Chippendales,” which Slay describes as “the crazy but true crime story of Somen ‘Steve’ Banerjee, the Indian-American entrepreneur who started the Chippendales before taking a dark turn.” How dark? Well, “the show is based on the book ‘Deadly Dance: The Chippendales Murders’ by K. Scot Macdonald and Patrick Montesdeoca.” But if Banerjee is a villain, doesn’t that contradict everything Nanjiani is saying about not being able to get the juicy bad-guy roles?

No, it doesn’t. Nanjiani “said he only got the role of a criminal because it was based on a true story.” Banerjee was a real person and an Indian-American, so even though Hollywood doesn’t hesitate to cast a black man as William F. Buckley, who was a real white man, casting directors wouldn’t be caught dead casting a white man as an Indian-American. Thus, Nanjiani had an inside track to the role. And he is glad of it, saying, “I’ve never gotten to play an arc like this. By far the most layered, complex, complicated person I’ve ever played.”

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

‘The Help’ Actress Octavia Spencer Says She Encountered ‘More Racism’ In L.A. Than Alabama

Spencer said she expected Los Angeles to be progressive. She recalled thinking, “Oh, California is gonna be this free and liberal thinking place,” but claimed she was singled out while shopping in a store.

“It is so funny. It’s right out of ‘Pretty Woman,’” she said of the experience. “I remember going into a shop and being followed, like, at first, I didn’t even — I was just, like, so excited, like just walking around, and then I realized that I was being followed.”

She continued, “It was kind of strange in that way,” saying the incident was “glaringly obvious,” but that she doesn’t believe she’s been discriminated against since then.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

M&M's Tosses Their 'Spokescandies' in the Garbage After Woke Characters Cause Backlash

As previously covered by RedState, M&M’s marketing team decided to take the beloved characters and begin changing up how they act and behave. While Red and Yellow were left alone, Green was defeminized so that she wasn’t so obviously a woman, which was offensive to the hard left for some reason. Moreover, they began adding other colors for the various flavors coming out, but they were attached to social messaging in the “modern audiences” vein.

To be sure, the backlash was nothing short of immediate. People began vowing to distance themselves from, not just M&Ms, but the Mars candy company in general.

It would appear the pressure and backlash were too much. On Monday, the candy company released a statement on Twitter declaring that they didn’t think many people would notice the changes to its “spokescandies” but that “even a candy’s shoes can be polarizing.”

“Therefore, we have decided to take an indefinite pause from the spokescandies,” the statement continued.

The candy company declared that its new spokesperson is actress Maya Rudolph as she’s viewed as someone with whom few people disagree according to M&Ms.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Can You Guess Which Aretha Franklin Hit Is Triggering Trans Activists?

The woke snowflakes have beclowned themselves again.

A Norwegian transgender activist group is demanding that Apple Music and Spotify remove one of Aretha Franklin’s hit songs because of its allegedly offensive lyrics.

The Trans Cultural Mindfulness Alliance (TCMA) is targeting Franklin’s 1968 hit “(You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman,” which they say “perpetuates multiple harmful anti-trans stereotypes.”

The group claims, “There is no such thing as a ‘natural’ woman” and is calling on the streaming platforms to cancel the song.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Bounding Into Comics reports that the saga in question revolves around a tweet by India Willoughby, a newsreader in England, who is a man who identifies as a woman. I am not sure if Willoughby has had the final surgery to make the cut, but Willoughby took a shot at J.K. Rowling with, “I’m more of a woman than JK Rowling ever will be.” Genetics would argue otherwise, but as we all know, the science is only relevant when it comes to climate change. Rowling shot back with “Citation needed.” Pithy and to the point. Hamill hit the like button and just like that, he became one of the droids the Woke Stormtroopers were looking for. He was accused of being transphobic, and people begged him to tell them it was an accident and demanded that he unfollow Rowling. You know, the usual routine. Recant, repent, and maybe disembowel yourself for good measure.

It could be that in his heart of hearts, Hamill agreed, or maybe as an actor, he appreciated the snappy comeback. Back when I was a Lefty, I enjoyed Limbaugh’s show because it was a good show and Limbaugh had talent. I respected that, even if I didn’t appreciate the man’s views at the time. But Hamill should have known that even hitting the “like” button would be an unforgivable transgression for the Transexual Jedi and their supporters.

Hamill has been an avowed and outspoken Leftist and harshly critical of anything or anyone slightly to the right of Saul Alinsky. So the fact that he is now facing the blasters of his compatriots is ironic and funny. In fact, it’s about time he savored the sensation of the flamethrowers of those who can only accept one point of view. To put it simply, he had it coming.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member